All reviews bernabeu stadium el clasico recently stayed at this hotel nice hotel room was a bit small breakfast buffet quiet area business trip per night hotel room minute walk walking distance good size excellent location metro airport furniture
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I booked this via a lastminute.com special offer and was rather worried to read the reviews on here. In practice it was fine. I paid for a single room but they gave me a double; nice big comfortable bed; nothing wrong with the decor that I could see - spacious bathroom, lovely tangerine-scented toiletries. The room was hot but hey you can always open the window. The safe was big enough to put my laptop in. I had my dongle so didn't use the free internet but NB if you want to use it you do need an ethernet cable. There was no sign of tea+coffee making facilities in my room but to be fair I wasn't bothered and didn't ask about it.
Despite being on a main road it was not especially noisy - no noisy nightly bin collecting here!
The chambermaid was a sweetie, always with a happy smile; the reception staff were very helpful, making phone calls for me when I had problems with my inadequate grasp of Spanish, and printing boarding passes etc. Moreover this hotel has ramps everywhere so is presumably wheelchair friendly, but certainly very useful if like me you have heavy luggage. No complaints at all and I will stay here again if I need to be in the Castellana area of Madrid another time.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2011

This is the only supposedly three star hotel that I have ever stayed in that does cannot supply an iron or ironing board to guests. They suggested that if I wish to dre-wrinkle my shirts and trousers after unpacking them, that I pay to send them out!

Not only did in-room internet not work when I checked in, but also I was unable to receive incoming calls (from a Sunday at about 15:00 to Monday at about 10:30).

In short, NOT up to NH's usual standard, and not a "three star" facility.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mhljones
Reviewed December 10, 2010

A group of colleagues stayed at this hotel in Madrid for a whole week. Since it was a 4 stars we expected certain comfort and privileges but we quicly realised the hotel is really dated, old, expensive, locations isn't great either... the area is dead.
The service was not particularly nice and the worst bit... NO FREE WI-FI... si you pay ££ for your room (which by the way was tiny!) and then if you would like to check your email you either go to the lobby where you have 30 min free WIFI or you pay an outrageous 10EUR per day! on top of it all! VERY BAD and therefore not recommended!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Bex_UK_London
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I selected this hotel because of its excellent location because it's very close to the Real Madrid stadium (just a five minute walk.)
The hotel has the standard NH-quality, so no surprises on that point. To me it's important not to be disturbed by traffic noise, other guests and so on. Regarding this it was a good choice to select this hotel.
Will stay here again next time.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 18, 2010

The rooms are quite small even by European standards, beds uncomfortable, maid service is not good (often missed obvious things like towels in the tub), the mini-bar was left with empty beer bottles, and they gouge you on internet service (they advertised free wi-fi but it is only in the lobby, and parceled out 30 minutes at a time).

The breakfast looks decent but is actually rather thin and not particularly good.

Only positives are that there is a bathtub and the hotel is not far from Columbia stop on the Metro, and as such is convenient to the airport (and Bernabeau).

I´ve stayed at many NH hotels and this was the worst. Not recommended for business travelers.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business