“well placed, well priced”

NH Madrid Principe de Vergara
Ranked #58 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Good chain, great rooms, clean, correct. Very good location in the barrio de Salamanca, good destination for dining, shopping and other amenities. A sure bet in Madrid. This chain of hotels is always consistent.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Located in the upscale Salamanca district near to shopping, restaurants, and sights. Rooms were newly renovated and very modern. Bathroom was very nice and large for European standards. Bed was comfortable, room had a big safe, and wi-fi was included. Friendly staff and the room rates were excellent, especially if you are willing to pre-pay. Walked to Retiro Park and Prado Museum. Very safe neighborhood in a convenient location!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Franklin H
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I loved the experience at the NH Principe Vergara. Very comfortable bed, good noise isolation, and modern. I didn't try the breakfast because as in almost all hotels in Spain, during the weekends they open at 8:00 AM and it's too late for me. But I know the NH breakfasts and I would recommend it. Free WiFi and nice people at the reception. No view from my room but I guess this helped in terms of noise isolation as well.
I know they have a fitting room but did not check it so, no comments.
Location: nice and safe area. It is 200 m away from the Av. de America Metro station, walking distance from Castellana and 1km away from Nuevos Ministerios were you can find El Corte Ingles. You have some restaurants and bars around the area but be aware that it is not downtown (Plaza del Sol).
Usually they publish great rates so it's worthwhile looking at some sites before booking.
I'm going back in 1 month.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I agree to Hotel description below:

The four-star NH Principe de Vergara hotel in Madrid is centrally located in the posh and exclusive Salamanca district, close to the city’s chic shopping areas, such as Goya, Serrano and Velazquez streets, as well as numerous bars and restaurants with easy access by car and public transportation to business and tourist attractions, because it is conveniently served by the Avenida de America metro station, which leads directly to many Madrid tourist sites.

With renovations completed late 2010, hotel now proudly welcomes you with tasteful modern decoration and a warm, contemporary ambiance throughout the hotel.
With their modern style, rooms are equipped with all the amenities you need to be comfortable during your business or pleasure travel to Madrid

All rooms include Satellite TV, beds with luxuriously thick mattresses, a selection of different pillows, and a bathroom provided with high-quality Agua de la Tierra toiletries.
The NH Principe de Vergara hotel restaurant welcomes you in a well-lit and friendly atmosphere to start your day off with a delicious breakfast buffet and daily paper, or for lunch and dinner with the best market-fresh and seasonal dishes.

In addition you can order an upgrade room: amazing top floor.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank denisborges
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife decided to book this hotel without telling me anything.
We arrived in Spain very early in the morning. So, I was pretty confident that we wouldn't have a room before afternoon. However, as soon as we passed the door, the receptionist with a great smile gave us a warm welcome, and told us that he had a room. He then asked us if we wanted to upgrade. We did not upgrade because, for the few days we stayed in Madrid we almost never in the hotel. The hotel is located in an incredibly advantageous position just a few minutes walk from the subway station Avenida de America. The room is furnished with a very elegant taste, the amenities includes a big LCD TV, a small safe, a mini fridge and a kettle. The bathroom is delightfully furnished. Everything was spotless and clean. In our reservation breakfast was also included. The breakfast was not only abundant but it was of great quality. Surely we fell in love with Spain because Spain is a marvelous Country but also for this fabulous hotel and staff. I am very sorry that I don't recall the name of the receptionist that made my family holidays unforgettable.

Room Tip: As soon as you arrive ask for a quite room, I am confident the receptionists will be there to help y...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank david_bernstein
Reviewed January 4, 2013

For our first trip to Madrid we booked this nh Hotel since we had good experiences with this hotel chain.
The ambiente of the hotel is very modern, everything is very clean.

Our room was on the 7th floor, unfortunately the only view we had were the other 3 hotel walls surrounding a small yard. The upside of this location was that the room was completely quiet day and night.

The hotel is located north of Madrid's city centre so we had to take the bus or metro to get to the major sights and districts. Since the hub station Ave de America is just around the corner, the connection was quite good. Even the bus 200 which goes straight to the airport every 15 minutes (and takes 15 min to reach the airport) ist just around the corner.

Here's a summary of the good and not so good experiences / topics:

POSITIVE:
+ free WiFi in every room (but you have to ask for 24-hour-codes at the reception)
+ you can control the AC yourself and even switch it off completely and open the window
+ good mattress and selection of pillows
+ stylish interior / furniture
+ very quiet room (710)

NEGATIVE:
- the restaurant was closed during our stay (for dinner). When asking for a recommendation for a restaurant which offers a New Year's Dinner, the receptionist had no suggestion for us. Since we would not give up, the receptionist wrote down the name of a restaurant. We asked her if she could recommend it - she said she's never been there so no. Quite disappointing.
- the "room service" is a pizza delivery service which one needs to call directly.
- the hotel charges EUR 10 per hour for a late check-out (regular check-out time is noon)
- parking costs EUR 25 per day (should be complementary for guests I think)
- there is no "toilet privacy" since the bathroom door is a thin glass door which does not really closes but has open space over and under the door.
- no toilet brush

All in all the hotel was very nice and clean. In case we will travel to Madrid again, I think we would chose a hotel a little closer to the centre.

Room Tip: Room 710 (double standard room) is very quiet day and night but the only view you have is the other...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ttvvuu
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have stayed here several times. My most recent visit was fine: comfortable room with a nice big shower. The front desk staff were very friendly and the restaurant food is good. The only thing was that my room was a bit hot overnight and there seemed no way to turn the heating down, so I did not sleep terribly soundly. I would stay again though. Reasonably priced, and bargains to be had over the weekend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business