“A must do in Madrid for the runner.”

Madrid Running Tours
Ranked #25 of 97 Outdoor Activities in Madrid
Chicago, Illinois
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“A must do in Madrid for the runner.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

I found out about John's (the owner and a duel American/Spaniard) service by googling "Running in Madrid". Glad I did. I ran with John twice in Madrid and both times were great. I cannot recommend his company and services enough - excellent! The first run was through Old Madrid and the Retiro (park) for about 90 minutes in the morning. John is an excellent historian and I learned a great deal on our run. He also made sure to snap photos of me at key locations. The second run was first to the far west side to see the park and new bridges recently built and then off to the Casa de Campo for some hills and trails and one of the highest points in Madrid (7x the size of Central Park). Again, John was replete with interesting information.

He runs as fast or as slow as you want to go. Provides water as well. In my case, he also provided me and my wife with some great restaurant and tapas suggestions (and translation of at least one tapas menu - thanks John!)

You won't be disappointed. I wish more cities had this service.

Visited October 2011
3 Thank TheCains

Ibiza, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent way to see Madrid while working out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

Staying in Madrid on business for a couple of days and thought it would make a change to go for a run with a local to get the best out of my short stay, and found Madrid Running Tours after a search on the web. Met by John at hotel reception for a 7am start and headed off on a route he recommended which took us past many of the key sights around Madrid at a good pace. Certainly made a pleasant change from staring at the wall while on a running machine in the hotel gym! Although I wouldn't have thought it possible for someone to keep up a running commentary while running, John was able to point out famous sights as we passed them AND give some history and local colour during the run. Certainly a more enlightening way to pass the dreaded morning workout, and I'll definitely be giving them a call next time I'm in Madrid.

Visited March 2011