El Abrazo de Vergara
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
El Abrazo de Vergara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,050 of 11,533 Restaurants in Madrid
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Had dinner here with my wife recently. We were not particularly hungry on account of having had a large lunch. So, we stuck with appetizers and were not disappointed. Very creative dishes, beautifully presented. Extraordinary friendly and affable service. Will definitely return with larger appetite!

1  Thank malibuirishmike

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The black pudding and cornflake "fritters" on tomato sauce, and asparagus salad with cheese foam were excellent starters. I enjoyed my main - Cod "Bonbon" stuffed with shrimpy sauce and served on a bed of vegetables ratatouille style - but, although my wife enjoyed her braised Iberian pork cheeks, she was somewhat disappointed that the accompanying mashed potato, as indicated on the menu, turned out to be nothing more than a few smears of potato puree in the bottom of her dish. Overall we thought that the cooking and service were very good but the room was rather plain and the other clientele on our Sunday evening dinner were almost all tourists.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Simply fantastic! It was my sisters 30th and we went to Madrid to celebrate and I wish I had eaten here every night as I wanted as least 5 things on the main menu. Seriously I have eaten in Michelin star places and this was better. Have the squid and octopus for starter and then the duck as it is cooked to perfection. The chef not only knows his stuff, but the waiters, ambiance and location make this place simply amazing. Don't read anymore, book online.

1  Thank Ribby34
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I went there twice. The first time on a fine saturday in april for dinner with a group of friend. It was full during the lunch so we booked for the dinner on the same day. The octopus with mashed potato was spectacular. The salad with foam of cheese (If I didnt get it wrong) was lovely. Our main courses were the "carrillera", a dish of fish I didnt remember and steak tartare. The meat was regular but the two latter dish were great. The food presentation was simply beautiful. However, the dessert was quite normal.
At the second time, I went there again in july for lunch. They have the menu del dia for approximately 12 euros. However, we decided to go for a la carte. The duck magret was a bit too salty. The risotto with clam was a bit weird but still good enough.

It's a place that you can have quality food for a very reasonable price. I will definitely go back.

1  Thank Melaaaaa
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hopped off the plane for my first time to Madrid, and an hour or so later, was sitting in this restaurant.

I booked it blind from TripAdvisor, and it was a great decision!

The presentation was great, the food was great, and Tony (the guy who waited on us) was really sweet. We spoke a lot of broken Spanish to him, and he helped us with by speaking English back.

Would definitely recommend. Just as a reminder though, water is not free. Not very expensive, at 3 euros, but it is not free. Definitely go here instead of a tourist trap. Great introduction to Madrid. Because of this, I already love the city.