“Great food and wine”

Neighborhood: Barrio de Salamanca
Pittsburgh, PA
“Great food and wine”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We had a very good meal here, probably one of the best while in Madrid. We greatly enjoyed the grilled scallops and wine.

Visited November 2012

Surrey
“Very good food in a modern restaurant”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I had a set lunch menu, and it was good value, for the good food I got. I guess that a la carte could be expensive (A la carte is £££ not ££). At lunch the clientele is mostly business, so the set menu of that day at least was only in Spanish, but if you are going to look for decent food in Spain you should know a bit of Spanish. I had chipirones (squid) which is quite traditional in Spanish cooking (I believe, I am no expert). So I guess the style is modern spanish cooking. The dessert choices were brownie and tarta casera de queso (cheesecake). The cheesecake was lovely. Service was very efficient, and friendly.

• Visited July 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Very memorable meal!”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We had an amazing time at this restaurant, from start to finish! I was visiting Madrid with my dad and 5-year-old son, so we arrived at the restaurant a bit early for Madrid (around 9:00 pm). Although I don't think that many children dine here, the wait-staff were very gracious and helped us find a dinner that my son would enjoy (he did!). The appetizer was delicious, but my main course was really fabulous - it included seared fois gras, which was done perfectly, with a little crust outside but still tender and succulent. And the wines were a bargain! My dad's meal was excellent as well. After dessert, the wait-staff brought us some minty liqueur while my son was curled up on the bench, asleep. By this point, the restaurant was quite full with a fairly trendy crowd, but they didn't rush us in the least. I'm sure there are other fabulous restaurants in Madrid to try, but I can't wait to go back here! (I seriously can't understand the reviewer who said the food was mediocre at best.)

• Visited March 2012
Oakland, California
“Pricy lunch”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We had lunch here with the locals of the area. Very few tourists (if any other than us.) Stylish decor and good service (that would have been better, if our Spanish was better.)

The food was quite good, though a bit rich. We did not finish our duck and scallop entrees. The house wine was very good and affordable. Wine, water, starters and entrees totalled about 75 euros for two, making it our most expensive meal of the trip.

Visited March 2012
Madrid, Spain
“nice restaurant with delicious food”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Close to Puerta Alcala and near NH Recoletos Hotel, this restaurant is a good option for lunch or dinner. Lobster rolls with torta del casar cream or foie as starters, tuna or deer sirloin steak tartar witn wasabi mayonese are some of their specialities. They have discounts for dinner during week. W/o discount, if you order 2 dishes+1 beer, you will pay below 30 but you will have had really good meal with excelente service.

• Visited April 2012