“in the heart of Madrid!!”
Review of Hotel Arosa

Hotel Arosa
Ranked #251 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

very nice hotel cornered with Gran Via, great location... 5 min from plaza del sol and 10 from plaza mayor and San Miguel market. ideal to discover madrid, go to theaters and eat in very nice restaurants. the hotel is in good condition though the room walls are not thick, you might hear your neighbor but not enough to keep you awake

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Roxanatje
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.

With my best regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Room excellent, clean. Breakfast and bar reasonable priced. Easy walk to metro. Would recommend to travelers and restay there, Easy access to local restaurants with multiple choices for various pallets.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Stephen K

Dear Guest,

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our Guest.

Hoping to have the pleasure to meet you on your next visit, I remain with best regards.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed on 2 occasions, at the beginning of our 3 weeks in Spain and the last day as well. The rooms are typical in size but utilitarian! Staff and location are very good. However, if one is claustrophobic, the elevators are so small and needed regularly. Breakfast was terrific and the BEST we had in hotels in Spain! There is a small fitness center as well!

Room Tip: Closer to the elevator is useful!
2  Thank Joyce143
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to see that you enjoy our Buffet Breakfast..

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was concerned a hotel in the center of Madrid for 79euros a nite would not provide a great stay. It was just one nite for a layover, I was greatly surprised when I found a great location and a good hotel! The room was clean, modern, comfortable bed, could use some detailing but it served the purpose. I would not hesitate to stay here again! I got what I paid for!

Room Tip: Center rooms are quiet, outside will access busy roads!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

As many of the reviews state, this hotel's reception is very modern but the rooms need some updating. Our walls had water damage. We were located on a side road so not as noisy as some of the rooms located on Gran Via. Its best quality is its location and close proximity to all major tourist attractions which are within walking distance. A Starbucks is right across the street and a McDonald's on the corner (for those wanting a taste of home if from the US or Canada!). The bed was a little hard and the pillows way to narrow and flat!!! Very hard to get comfortable. They also did not give us new drinking glasses each day so we had to wash them ourselves! No toiletries were offered either and for those that were (shower cap), there were not replenished either. I found it odd that they did not give face cloths either!! Our bathroom was quite small and very little counter space.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a shuttle to the airport for a nominal fee (about $24 Euros for two people versus a taxi for 30 Euros) but the earliest it left was 6:10 so for early morning flights, this is not helpful.
Metro is very close to the hotel - two different lines and a Renfe station as well).

1  Thank JacS2014
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and for your mixed review posted following your recent stay with us.

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive mention to our staff . I shared your feedback with all my team and they felt much rewarded by your words.

I have certainly taken your comments on board, and I hope that we may be able to welcome you back again in the future for a 100% positive experience.

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards,

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel is tired and in need of decorating. Our bedroom was small and very basically furnished with wallpaper peeing off the walls! That said, it was clean, breakfast was good and the location excellent. We used the metro a lot but in reality most main attractions were in walking distance. The special offer of free mini bar was a nice extra. For the price, I'd recommend it and would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Gran Via are very noisy.
1  Thank Tracey M

Dear Guest,

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.

With my best regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed at this hotel, for a city break. Our room was at the back, so it was quiet. The hotel was clean, staff were friendly. They arranged transport to the airport from reception. A good, central location in walking distance of lots of tourist attractions. Nice cafe across the road for breakfast. They have what must be the smallest lift ever! No complaints, just what we needed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay, your feedback is very much appreciated

I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us and also to see that you rated our location so highly.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

We hope to see you again in a near future.