“Too much expensive but in good conditions”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Arosa

Hotel Arosa
Ranked #234 of 445 Hotels in Madrid
“Too much expensive but in good conditions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

The hotel is in the center of Madrid; for one night I payed 50€ for a single room with private bathroom and breakfast. The hotel is an 'old style' hotel. The room was cleaned and comfortable. Good for families or adult couples.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and for your mixed review posted following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to see that you have quoted too much expensive our rate of 50€ for the room with buffet breakfast, in the center of Madrid.

Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.

With my best regards

BEST WESTERN Hotel Arosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Arosa is located on Gran Via the Boardway of madrid. Do not spend exhorbitant amount as Taxi fares. One can take the metro from the airport to Gran Via and the hotel is minutes and a short walk away from Gran Via Metro station. The only problem is in case one is carrying heavy luggage would have to drag it two levels above from the underground station to ran Via. Very close to metro, bus, City Sight Seeing Bust stop, etc. Easy walking distance to plazas, museums and parks.

The lift is very small and can barely accomodate the passenger and the luggage. We were given a room on the 7 floor with barely any view. The desk manager upon request had no problems to provide an alternate room on the 6th floor with excellent view of Gran Via. The beuty of the night lit Gran Via is beyond words. The qiality of bed linen is very good, but the bed needs replacement. We were in the right corner room with big windows. The air conditioing was good and the room was clenaed everyday. Bathroom was rather very small. But Arosa's strength lies in its proximity to important monuments and other places of interest.

Breakfast spraed was good and very tasty. The chef would come and talk to the guests often. Overall had a good experience at Arosa.

Stayed from 14 Jan. 2013 until 17 Jan. 2013.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the 6th and 7th floor facing Gran Via. Room on the extreme right corner of the b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarin N
Dear Guest,

Let me start by thanking you for your opinion regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our Guest.

I have certainly taken your comments on board, and I hope that we may be able to welcome you back again in the future for a 100% positive experience

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

With my very best regards,

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Rooms not as good as the last visit, booked on the Zen floor last time and the room found it to be excellent, this time booked a room on the 6th floor which was put in a smoking room although changed the next day to the 5th floor to a single small room with a window opening onto a shaft. It is a good location for city visits and plenty of restaurants, but as on business this was not relevant. Will stay again but will make sure I book on the Zen floor.

Room Tip: Booka room on the Zen floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pat B
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations this time.

I appreciate your sharing your concerns and it is my hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future and to offer you our undivided attention.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next visit.
Again, I very much regret for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Excellent location. On Gran Via and very close to metro, bus, citymadrid bus. Also easy walking distance to plazas, museums, parks, palaces etc. Clean rooms. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast/bar staff offered excellent customer service. The breakfast had excellent variety and very plentiful to send us on our way to a busy day! Home to the smallest elevator in the world.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue S
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards

Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Hotel is very central, close to all central highlights of Madrid incl palace, parks, museums, galleries etc. Quiet room, breakfast room overlooking Gran Via, helpful staff, small irregular shape elevators a quirky feature .... worth a visit

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay at our property.

I am pleased to see that you enjoy our elevator..

Hoping to have the pleasure to meet you on your next visit, I remain with best regards.

Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

The perfect location for Madrid with Metro station one minute away and everything close at hand. Our room faced the courtyard, so while we missed the view, it was very quiet. The bar on the second floor was a wonderful place to relax at the end of the day with a free cava and a bar man who believes in generosity when it comes to drink measures. It was worth booking just to use that lift! Make sure that you make yourself aware of any "offers" like discounts on breakfasts as the reception staff forget these details.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.

With my best regards,

Ronse, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Perfect location close to Gran Via nearby the metro, but you can visit the city by walking: nearly
all the curiosities are close to the hotel!
The rooms are comfortable and clean (standard room).
The staff at the reception and in the bar is friendly.
Breakfast is plentiful.
The elevators are very small but that is not a real problem: the stairs are perfect.
The daily free glass of cava between 6 and 8 pm is a nice offer.
Good hotel for a reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank asus11
Dear Guest,

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback. I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

I shared your feedback with all my team and they felt much rewarded by your words.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!