“Three nights in Madrid”

Ranked #240 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Ludlow, United Kingdom
“Three nights in Madrid”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Four of us stayed here for three nights. We all found the hotel to be in a very good area for sight seeing, shopping and eating! The staff were excellent, very helpful and charming. Our rooms, standard, were very clean and the beds extremely comfortable.
Our only negative comments were that the carpet in the passage way on the 6th floor needed to be shampood and the fabric sofas in the lounge bar should be replaced as they were rather worn out and did not look too good.
In all, we would recommend the Arosa and would stay there again next time we visit Madrid

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Manager,

I shared your feedback with all my team and they felt much rewarded by your words

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel in a good location where you barely need to take the metro as you can walk to every major attraction. The breakfast was good, with some vegetarian options. I liked the fact than in the common area they had a small collection of books and the idea was to take one and leave one, which I did. The room was clean and comfortable, the bathroom big. I would definitely choose this hotel again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay at our property.

I am pleased to see that you enjoy our library with forgotten books.

Hoping to have the pleasure to meet you on your next visit, I remain with best regards.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We greatly appreciated the thoughtfulness of the breakfast room manager in going out and obtaining good quality gluten free bread and rolls so that we could enjoy a great and sustaining gluten free breakfast. Well done!!

Room Tip: Amusing lift signs...rooms facing Grand Via have interesting outlook..we were able to watch set up f...
Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I also thank you very much for the special mention to our breakfast room Manager. I shared your feedback with him and he felt much rewarded by your words.

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.

With my best regards,

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed here with my husband in July for a long weekend. Room was a Japanese room, comfortable but there was a tendency to catch your ankles on the corners of the low bed!! Breakfast was fabulous, great range of food and drinks to choose from. Location perfect, close to underground station,shops and restaurants. Took a train to Toledo one day which was fantastic, the train journey was brilliant, easy to book at Madrid station using a terminal 30 min journey time. Toledo is a gem of a place - visit if time allows!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

Cheshunt, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights using Avios points so I don't know what it cost but a single rack rent room says Eur223 which would make it poor value. The staff were very accommodating- I arrived around 11am and my room was made available immediately and my flight wasn't until 8pm so they allowed me to use the room until 3pm and then use the internet and the lounge until I left at 5pm. The hotel is situated equi-distant between Caillo and Gran Via tubes but the former is quieter and easier to navigate with bags. hotel is on the opposite side of the road to the telefonica building opposite a building with a large dome and angel and a Yves Rocher shop on the corner with the entrance down a Salud street. The hotel is very well situated on the corner of the main road and a quieter street but if you have a room on the main road expect to get some traffic noise despite 2 separate windows. Whilst I was there a march and a cycle ride was taking place so again sleep was affected. None of this is in the managements control but the paper thin walls were and every move by your neighbours could be heard- some improved noise control needed. The décor is average but not unpleasant- the communal area carpets were in need of a good clean but the floors and surfaces in the room were generally very clean (although floor wasn't so clean in my first room). Yes- my first room! Around 11 pm on the second night I decided to have a bath rather than a shower as I was aching from so much walking. All fine until I let the water out of the bath when it came up through the drain under the wash basin and flooded the bathroom. The management responded quickly and gave me a new room but I had to move myself (in my jimjams!) at midnight which wasn't exactly in my plan. The new room was better than the first- a double instead of a single (the single bed had been of a good size and the room was fine, on the main road and you could easily open the windows and look out both ways over a balcony (not that you could step onto ). The new room was on the corner and had French doors onto a large balcony with table and chairs which was super and If I had been with a partner it could have been very romantic to sit with a bottle of wine and watch the world pass below. Breakfasts were adequate- croissants and pastries were disappointing -there was a fair amount of fruit, some cereals, the usual hot meats, eggs, cold meats & cheeses and bread to toast yourself and a coffee/tea/chocolate machine plus rice & miso soup for the Japanese visitors. The room was very small so many had to either wait or sit in the lounge (no hardship) at busy times. I tried to order sushi at 6.30pm as it said on the menu that it was available with a free glass of cava but I was told they just had a couple of specific plates available and it was mainly cake and coffee until 8pm when the Japanese restaurant downstairs opened- I prefer to eat earlier so went elsewhere (and regretted it!). Internet access is free and you have to have a new code every 48 hours but they willingly give you more than one if you have more than one device as the code only covers 1 device. At the right price I would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: to enjoy the main strip and the life there ask for a room at the front, for romantics ask for 708, f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, October 7, 2013

Scottish Borders, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were very pleased with our 5 night stay at the Arosa. The location is excellent for all sightseeing and nightlife and the proximity to Gran Via Metro made the journey from the airport easy. Stepping out into Gran Via at 11:15 pm after checking-in we were immediately thrown into the buzz of the city which never subsided. Our room was on the 5th floor and of good size and the sheet and towel changing and general quality of the fittings was very good. We had a rate including free use of the minibar which was duly stocked every morning and made good use of it for hydration after long days on foot. The breakfast was also just perfect for us and the dining room staff were friendly and outgoing. The same was probably not true of the reception staff but they were efficient enough. We took a few attempts to get the room safe to work consistently but discovered there seems to be a "knack" to it which was, basically, to remove the card fairly briskly. Our intiial attempts seemed to be too slow but we soon got the hang of it. The wifi also provided a decent strong signal but we could have done with a login that lasted the whole 5 days rather than getting a new one every day. Plenty of hot water at good pressure. We did not take advantage every day, but the free glass of Cava after 6pm is a nice touch. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would not hestitate to go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback. I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

II have certainly taken your comments on board, and I hope that we may be able to welcome you back again in the future for a 100% positive experience.

pilarruiz@hotelarosa.com
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. Shops only steps from front door.First class helpful staff.
We had corner room on 5th floor with a great view over Gran Via.
The breakfast was excellent with food for all tastes which was the lounge later in the day. The decor was a Japanese theme which was different but nice.
You have just got to see one of the lifts to believe it (is there any lift smaller in a hotel)

Room Tip: Ask for room 533
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback. My team felt rewarded to hear how much you appreciated their service.

I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our Guest.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

I thank you once again for this wonderful message, and have a great day!