Hotel Arosa
Hotel Regina(Madrid)
$206
$151
  • Restaurant
Axor Feria Hotel(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Bar/Lounge
Tryp Madrid Atocha Hotel(Madrid)
$124
$116
Melia.com
  • Restaurant
Ayre Gran Hotel Colon(Madrid)
$145
$118
Ayre Hoteles
$100
$85
  • Restaurant
NH Madrid Ribera del Manzanares(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$123
$106
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
ILUNION Suites Madrid(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$72
$68
Official Site
Hotel Mediodia(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$102
$93
Very Good 4/5
Ibis Madrid Aeropuerto Barajas(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$86
$74
Trip.com
1,381 results
All reviewssmallest liftgran via metrogreat locationside streetwithin walking distanceplaza mayortourist attractionsmetro stationcentral locationbreakfast roombooked this hotelcity breakmini barpuerta del solroyal palacesaludeuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The location of the hotel is perfect for touring Madrid, a walking distance to practically any attraction and to the Gran Via Metro station that will take you to the further locations.

The hotel itself is small, the breakfast is mininmal and the rooms are small. The free Internet is fast and there is free comuter station with printer. I wanted to go to the fitness room, but its opening hours are lomted.

To summarize, great location, acceptable hotel and great value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us

I am pleased to see that you rated our location and our internet facilities so highly.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend booked a package to go see Real Madrid play. I was a bit sceptical about the hotel as it was part of the package but I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by it. when we arrived in Madrid we got a taxi to the hotel and it cost us €25, which was reasonable enough. It is in a very central location in Madrid, close to everything. The room was very clean and was cleaned everyday. The bathroom was a bit dated but sure we were only there for 3 nights and didnt spend long in the room for it to be a problem. The staff were extremely friendly. I cant comment on the food as we didnt eat there as we were on a room only basis. The hotel also has the smallest lift in the world, it has to be seen to be believed!! I can highly recommend this hotel mainly for its location as it was a great base to explore the beautiful city of Madrid.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback. I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

I shared your feedback with all my team and they felt much rewarded by your words.

I thank you once again for this wonderful message.

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards,

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room is totally different from the pictures that we had seen on their website. There was a cane double bed, the size of which was very small, probably to accommodate in the small area! The bath was on one end and the toilet on the other end of the room. The small television transported us to the flintstone’s age. Who doesn’t have flat t.v.’s now? We had inadvertently booked for 4 days instead of two and had called the hotel immediately. They refused on returning the money but assured that they will upgrade the room and include breakfast. On arrival, they totally denied the upgrading part. There was no kettle or tea/coffee making facility, no toiletries, cold breakfast. The only good part about the hotel is it’s amazing location! It’s bang on the gran via, the main commercial street of Madrid, from where you can catch a taxi, or the hop on hop off bus. There is also a great restaurant and supermarket nearby. We decided on staying out of the hotel for most of the time, escaping from the claustrophobic room. The hotel certainly doesn’t deserve the four stars that it claims to have. Two stars suits the services that it provides. Also, when we were to leave for the airport, the person from the reception did not allow us to take a taxi from the main road and said he has called for a taxi. This taxi charged us much more than we had paid on arrival. So, beware! Will certainly want to come to Madrid again, but never this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Let me start by thanking you for your mixed review posted following your recent stay at our Hotel.

After reading you observations, I can see that we have not fulfilled your wishes during your stay with us. Your critic, which we gratefully accept, is fortunately not usual, but I perfectly understand that there may be some cases, such as this one, in which we absolutely, though not deliberately, fail to give the required attention to the client.

I am pleased to see that you rated our location so highly and I regret that you booked our Hotel trough a “Non Refundable” rate offer, which it’s really inexpensive because of its conditions, remains non-refundable and without offering any option to modify or cancel the booking.

I would like to express my surprise concerning our coffer-tea maker, toiletries and breakfast facilities, because we have them available, nevertheless, I very much regret that anyone from the Hotel didn’t known about your dissatisfaction. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I am concerned about your comments in regards our reception staff, I must stress that this is not our usual attitude. You can be sure that I will follow up and take whatever action needed in order to avoid this in the future.

Again, I thank you for your sincerity and I would be very grateful if you gave us, at some point, another opportunity to change the negative impression you are now under.

With my best regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our first time to Madrid and I must have looked through TA a dozen times to find the right property to stay at. The Arosa appeared to be centrally located and close to the Metro. My limited Spanish is laughable, but I usually apologize first and explain my Spanish isn't very (In Spanish), and this appears to help me in every situation. The front desk is very professional and cordial. Nothing wrong with that. We arrived at 10 am, and the gentleman gave us our room right away. Luckily, it was on the 8th floor and away from the elevators. It was on the Japanese inspired Zen Floor, and did he do that because I'm Asian? I didn't care cause the view was great!

Room 805, was spacious with two futon style twins. Great size bathroom and a small minibar/fridge which wasn't overcrowded so you could put your own drinks in. Three windows faced the back side of the hotel which was perfect. We couldn't believe how quiet the room was! Couldn't hear any of the other guests on our floor. Again, we lucked out because they all seemed to be very respectful of the others and never slammed their doors. One issue I had were the lights. You couldn't just turn on the ones by the desk, the ceiling lights came on at the same time. Also, some non-slip grips on the tub would be nice. At times, I was afraid I was going to slip. And perhaps, this is really minor, but another English channel. However, I am really up to date on global stories, and can understand a little more Spanish.

We never tried the breakfast, evening wine, small gym, or the adjoining Japanese restaurant. But I would definitely stay here again. It's close to Puerta del Sol, Chueca, and the Plaza Mayor. There was a Starbucks across the street which came in handy or the Coffee & Te just a couple blocks away. We ate dinner every night in the Sol area and it was great to come back to the peace and quiet of the Hotel Arosa!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Client,

I thank you for your positive comment. My team felt rewarded to hear how much you appreciated their service.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our Guest.

I have passed your comments about the problem with the lights onto our Chief Engineer for follow up

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We decided on this Hotel for a long family weekend.
The journey from the airport to the Gran Via Metro Station cost Euros 4.50 and took about half an hour, there were two changes en-route.
The Hotel is about 200 yards from the Metro Station, and is very easy to find. It is situated in a quiet street off the Gran Via.
We arrived at 1.00pm and the welcome was not very friendly, indeed it was very off hand. That was until one of our party, fluent in Spanish, started to speak, attitudes changed very quickly.
Our small room was an upgrade, whilst very clean, was to be honest a waste of money. All you get are two bath robes and a mini bar with water and soft drinks. There is only one wooden chair for two people. The bed was comfortable with extra pillows. The bathroom room was clean and well supplied with plenty of hot water for either a shower or bath. My advice would be to choose an ordinary double bedroom! If you want water, drinks etc there is a small shop in the next street sells everything you require, and it is cheap.
The buffet breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice, and the staff kept the supplies topped up. Kept us going all day!
The public areas are spacious and comfortable and there is a complimentary glass of wine each evening at the bar.
There is free wi-fi and printing facilities in the lounge. The wi-fi worked very well in the bedroom.
We stayed for four nights, and found the Hotel to be in an excellent location for the City, with all the sights within easy walking distance.
I would recommend this Hotel for a short break.
One of the two lifts or elevators must seen and tried!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SteveHull
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Let me start by thanking you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

I have certainly taken your comments on board, and I hope that we may be able to welcome you back again in the future for a 100% positive experience.