“Great for a weekend away”
Review of Hotel Arosa

Hotel Arosa
Ranked #249 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Dublin, Ireland
“Great for a weekend away”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend booked a package to go see Real Madrid play. I was a bit sceptical about the hotel as it was part of the package but I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by it. when we arrived in Madrid we got a taxi to the hotel and it cost us €25, which was reasonable enough. It is in a very central location in Madrid, close to everything. The room was very clean and was cleaned everyday. The bathroom was a bit dated but sure we were only there for 3 nights and didnt spend long in the room for it to be a problem. The staff were extremely friendly. I cant comment on the food as we didnt eat there as we were on a room only basis. The hotel also has the smallest lift in the world, it has to be seen to be believed!! I can highly recommend this hotel mainly for its location as it was a great base to explore the beautiful city of Madrid.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback. I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

I shared your feedback with all my team and they felt much rewarded by your words.

BEST WESTERN Hotel Arosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room is totally different from the pictures that we had seen on their website. There was a cane double bed, the size of which was very small, probably to accommodate in the small area! The bath was on one end and the toilet on the other end of the room. The small television transported us to the flintstone’s age. Who doesn’t have flat t.v.’s now? We had inadvertently booked for 4 days instead of two and had called the hotel immediately. They refused on returning the money but assured that they will upgrade the room and include breakfast. On arrival, they totally denied the upgrading part. There was no kettle or tea/coffee making facility, no toiletries, cold breakfast. The only good part about the hotel is it’s amazing location! It’s bang on the gran via, the main commercial street of Madrid, from where you can catch a taxi, or the hop on hop off bus. There is also a great restaurant and supermarket nearby. We decided on staying out of the hotel for most of the time, escaping from the claustrophobic room. The hotel certainly doesn’t deserve the four stars that it claims to have. Two stars suits the services that it provides. Also, when we were to leave for the airport, the person from the reception did not allow us to take a taxi from the main road and said he has called for a taxi. This taxi charged us much more than we had paid on arrival. So, beware! Will certainly want to come to Madrid again, but never this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Let me start by thanking you for your mixed review posted following your recent stay at our Hotel.

After reading you observations, I can see that we have not fulfilled your wishes during your stay with us. Your critic, which we gratefully accept, is fortunately not usual, but I perfectly understand that there may be some cases, such as this one, in which we absolutely, though not deliberately, fail to give the required attention to the client.

I am pleased to see that you rated our location so highly and I regret that you booked our Hotel trough a “Non Refundable” rate offer, which it’s really inexpensive because of its conditions, remains non-refundable and without offering any option to modify or cancel the booking.

I would like to express my surprise concerning our coffer-tea maker, toiletries and breakfast facilities, because we have them available, nevertheless, I very much regret that anyone from the Hotel didn’t known about your dissatisfaction. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I am concerned about your comments in regards our reception staff, I must stress that this is not our usual attitude. You can be sure that I will follow up and take whatever action needed in order to avoid this in the future.

Again, I thank you for your sincerity and I would be very grateful if you gave us, at some point, another opportunity to change the negative impression you are now under.

With my best regards,

Barstow, California
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our first time to Madrid and I must have looked through TA a dozen times to find the right property to stay at. The Arosa appeared to be centrally located and close to the Metro. My limited Spanish is laughable, but I usually apologize first and explain my Spanish isn't very (In Spanish), and this appears to help me in every situation. The front desk is very professional and cordial. Nothing wrong with that. We arrived at 10 am, and the gentleman gave us our room right away. Luckily, it was on the 8th floor and away from the elevators. It was on the Japanese inspired Zen Floor, and did he do that because I'm Asian? I didn't care cause the view was great!

Room 805, was spacious with two futon style twins. Great size bathroom and a small minibar/fridge which wasn't overcrowded so you could put your own drinks in. Three windows faced the back side of the hotel which was perfect. We couldn't believe how quiet the room was! Couldn't hear any of the other guests on our floor. Again, we lucked out because they all seemed to be very respectful of the others and never slammed their doors. One issue I had were the lights. You couldn't just turn on the ones by the desk, the ceiling lights came on at the same time. Also, some non-slip grips on the tub would be nice. At times, I was afraid I was going to slip. And perhaps, this is really minor, but another English channel. However, I am really up to date on global stories, and can understand a little more Spanish.

We never tried the breakfast, evening wine, small gym, or the adjoining Japanese restaurant. But I would definitely stay here again. It's close to Puerta del Sol, Chueca, and the Plaza Mayor. There was a Starbucks across the street which came in handy or the Coffee & Te just a couple blocks away. We ate dinner every night in the Sol area and it was great to come back to the peace and quiet of the Hotel Arosa!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Client,

I thank you for your positive comment. My team felt rewarded to hear how much you appreciated their service.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our Guest.

I have passed your comments about the problem with the lights onto our Chief Engineer for follow up

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Hull
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We decided on this Hotel for a long family weekend.
The journey from the airport to the Gran Via Metro Station cost Euros 4.50 and took about half an hour, there were two changes en-route.
The Hotel is about 200 yards from the Metro Station, and is very easy to find. It is situated in a quiet street off the Gran Via.
We arrived at 1.00pm and the welcome was not very friendly, indeed it was very off hand. That was until one of our party, fluent in Spanish, started to speak, attitudes changed very quickly.
Our small room was an upgrade, whilst very clean, was to be honest a waste of money. All you get are two bath robes and a mini bar with water and soft drinks. There is only one wooden chair for two people. The bed was comfortable with extra pillows. The bathroom room was clean and well supplied with plenty of hot water for either a shower or bath. My advice would be to choose an ordinary double bedroom! If you want water, drinks etc there is a small shop in the next street sells everything you require, and it is cheap.
The buffet breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice, and the staff kept the supplies topped up. Kept us going all day!
The public areas are spacious and comfortable and there is a complimentary glass of wine each evening at the bar.
There is free wi-fi and printing facilities in the lounge. The wi-fi worked very well in the bedroom.
We stayed for four nights, and found the Hotel to be in an excellent location for the City, with all the sights within easy walking distance.
I would recommend this Hotel for a short break.
One of the two lifts or elevators must seen and tried!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SteveHull
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Let me start by thanking you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

I have certainly taken your comments on board, and I hope that we may be able to welcome you back again in the future for a 100% positive experience.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at the Arosa in Madrid a few years ago in one of the Asian-themed rooms and loved it. This time we stayed in a more traditionally decorated room, which was equally modern and comfortable. The location just can't be beat, right on Gran Via; yet the hotel is remarkably quiet inside. The staff was very helpful and the showers are fabulous. I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to stay there again myself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, June 23, 2013

Miami
Reviewed June 4, 2013

You can't ask for a better location to explore Madrid- walking distance to the Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, Gran Via, etc...
Our room was clean and comfortable with a nice balcony. And nicely quiet given the proximity to the heart of the action. I will go back next time I'm in Madrid.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed June 4, 2013

A nice Hotel in a brilliant location just off Gran Via. We had a lovely airy room on the 7th floor with a small balcony and good sized bathroom. The hotel may be a little dated but it is very clean, our room was made up every day. We would most definitely return to Madrid, it is a beautiful city with something to admire on every corner and very accessible by foot and we would return to this hotel. The cafe/bar on the 2nd floor is nice if a little quiet but there are many restaurants/bars/cafes in the vicinity. In the cafe there is a cold water dispenser for your use at any time, they also provide free Internet and printing facilities in the cafe.

If you are not into public transport arrange the Airport Shuttle Bus from the Hotel at a cost of €12 per person each way, we took a Taxi on arrival and it cost €47.80.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra Q
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us