“Best Location and Value”
Review of Hotel Arosa

and 1 more site!
Hotel Arosa
Ranked #251 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Nice hotel with friendly service and great location. It is more 3+, than 4, but well maintained, bathrooms are modern, rooms and hallways are clean and well maintained, staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IK3
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Client,

I thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went to Madrid for a short break and found this hotel via trip advisor. It is classed as a 4 star and the rating is probably around a 3 star per uk grading. However, in saying that the facilities at the hotel were excellent with free use of computer and printer, tea/coffee facilities in your room (although I had to ask for them),a gym and a bar which sold a small selection of things to eat, along with a fairly extensive array of drinks. In the evening you were invited to the bar for a free beer or glass of cava and some tapas between 6 and 8pm

All the staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. They gave you directions to where you wanted to go and suggested ways to get there.

The hotel is in a perfect location to explore the city with some of the major attractions within easy walking distance. There also also lots of places to eat and drink within a short distnce from the hotel. The metro stop is only about 50 yards away from the hotel itself so if you have sat nav it is easy to find, although the door of the hotel is not on "Grand Vie" but round a side street. Would not hestitate to recommend this hotel in future.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking Grand Via are noisier but they do have an outlook
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

ITS AT GROUND ZERO, YOU CAN WALK EVERYWHERE ON FOOT WITHOUT A BUS, METRO, OR TAXI I have to agree its all about location. Flat screen TV has not come into the picture yet, the hotel is dated but very clean and the staff is super nice and very helpful. Forget about a bell boy there isn't any. There are two elevators, the breakfast area is very good but get in included or you will pay out another $18 per person. Go for the executive rooms with free mini bars , balcony, and extra space. Go on yelp, http://hotels.com, or orbitz we got a special Price of $166 a night including taxes. If you are on your way to Lisbon after Madrid, stay at the Pestana Palace it is just that a palace where they treat you like a King and ask for Maria in check in and Rui the porter and shuttle driver. it is what a five star should be. As far as Arosa in Madrid I would give it a 3 star but it has been great staying here.

Room Tip: Stay in room 303 its on the side Street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay at our property.

I note your ratings were positive and we will endeavor to address the issues you have raised. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I really look forward to welcoming you soon in the near future

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 6 nights, very efficient staff and service. Typical european Hotel, not much on luxury but clean and effective.The location of the Hotel makes it that much more convenient. you can walk to most of the city's key attractions. The Elevator of the hotel is indeed unique, never seen anything like it!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your positive comment. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our Guest.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Assistant Manager

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in March and I will be staying here again, for sure. Set right in the heart of the city but at good value, this hotel was just the ticket for someone travelling with a huge suitcase!
I arrived at reception and was dealt with efficiently, with friendliness and a smile. I made my way to my room and was delighted to see that not only was it spacious but had the view of Gran Via! The bathroom was clean, comfortable and I used the bath which was ample in size for me (I am 5 foot 10). Didn't use the shower though so cannot vouch for that.
A 1 minute walk to a bookshop, 5 minutes to FNAC and El Corte Ingles. Perfect. As others have mentioned, the location cannot be better. If you are facing Gran Via please note that the view is lovely but this is a main street so there is a lot of traffic. However the windows and shutters cut this out quite well. If you fancy a quieter room, I would suggest asking for one but you won't get the view which is lovely.
I had breakfast as part of my package. Simple, ample and buffet style so you can have as much or as little as you like. Fresh, varied and nice coffee!
All in all, a great place to stay.

Room Tip: For a quiet room ask for one not on Gran Via (though you will miss out on the views).
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed in a single room for three nights in April 2013. I was given a bright room on a higher floor facing Gran Via. Traffic noise was not a problem due to double glazing, though sirens were audible. The lobby is small but tidy, the personnel efficient but not effusive.

As others have noted, the location cannot be beat, and the value factor is high if a stay is procured through a service such as Hotwire, which many of the guests seem to have done. My stay was pleasant enough, but my experience suggests it is a 3 star property at best, despite the four stars on the facade, My single room was a good size by European standards. However, the bed was mediocre with squeaky springs, bedding was sparse, and the pillow was synthetic. The floor was wood-grain vinyl,,the bathroom mirror was permanently scarred, and the vinyl wall covering was chipped. The orange vanity and brown trim tile were fashionable in the 70s but were well maintained.

Others complained about the soap. I liked it until it ran out in the middle of a shower, which would nit happen with bar soap. I also noticed a tear in the wall covering and a strange formica panel on one wall, possibly access to plumbing in the adjacent room.

So, if you see a 4 star hotel at an incredible price, this could well be it. Be happy you're getting a good deal and a great base from which to explore. But do not expect it truly to be a 4-star property.

Room Tip: You have a choice of quiet and no view or occasional noise from sirens with a good view. In either...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your mixed review posted following your recent stay with us.

I have certainly taken your comments on board, and I hope that we may be able to welcome you back again in the future for a 100% positive experience.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next visit.

With my best regards

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Hotel location great,on Grand Via and 5 mins stroll to puerto del sol.Reception staff very helpfull and bar staff as well;particularly Antonio.,breakfast ok-normal basic stuff.Room a bit small but comfortable and we dont spend too much time in it anyway,bathroom awkward too get into but shower and bath great.Not 4 star hotel but good value.

Room Tip: Corner room a bit smaller than others.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

I thank you for the special mention to Antonio.I shared your coments with my team and they felt much rewarded by your words.

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards,