Hotel Arosa
Hotel Regina(Madrid)
$206
$150
  • Restaurant
Axor Feria Hotel(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Bar/Lounge
Occidental Castellana Norte(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$102
$85
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ayre Gran Hotel Colon(Madrid)
$159
$118
Ayre Hoteles
$142
$122
  • Restaurant
NH Madrid Ribera del Manzanares(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$122
$96
Maydrit Hotel(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$85
1,381 results
All reviewssmallest liftgran via metrogreat locationside streetwithin walking distanceplaza mayortourist attractionsmetro stationcentral locationbreakfast roombooked this hotelcity breakmini barpuerta del solroyal palacesaludeuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The hotel was grand, for four star thought it would have been better, bed was really comfy and the location is excellent between two metro stations other than that thought reception staff could have been better, sometimes really slow to acknowledge you and the breakfast was average, first days croissants were great like freshly made but after that they were wrapped in plastic and not as nice. Have to say as well the cleaning staff were excellent, room made up every day, fresh towels etc.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

I thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay.

Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Really enjoyed this well appointed and well located hotel. It is ideal for exploring central Madrid.

Reception service is good and efficient and there is free wifi throughout.

The breakfast was pleasantly excellent, with hot Spanish food available (their bacon, sausage and scrambled eggs) as well as all the usual cereals and breads.

Upon leaving , the porter hailed a cab for us and loaded our cases too.

Didn't use the gym or bar but it appeared clean and friendly. Complimentary newspapers available.

We would use again.

Room Tip: If you want sleep have a room on the 'inside' ie not overlooking Gran Via. Of course you sacrifice any view here. Or vice versa!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed in Best Western Hotel Arosa in Madrid for five nights. The price-quality ratio is quite good. This is an inexpensive hotel and it has what I need: heating and air conditioning, a safety deposit box, free internet connection in all rooms, elevator, comfortable beds, a good breakfast and a good location. A nice hotel, no luxuries.

Hotel Arosa is close to a couple of subway stations and bus stops. Many of the tourist attractions of Madrid are within walking distance. There are plenty of bars and restaurants in the area. The hotel is on Gran Vía street, that means there is traffic noise 24/7. I was so tired from seeing all the sights and having all the wonderful food and drinks that I propably fell asleep before my head hit the pillow, but had I fallen ill and had to spend a day or in the room, the traffic noise might have been a problem. I hope they put in soundproof window glazing the next time they renovate the hotel. The furniture in our room was little bit worn out, I noticed chipped paint or little things like that, but nothing that would have caused any inconvenience. It's just normal wear and tear and I understand hotels are nor renovated every year.

Breakfast was good, plenty of hot and cold dishes to choose from. Also fresh fruit and an Asian breakfast with miso, rice and spices available. The coffee from the automatic coffee machine is terrible, have tea or hot chocolate instead. You can stop for a nice cup of coffee later when you're admiring Madrid on your morning stroll.

Wifi connection in our room usually worked well. Once we experienced a longish break in the communication services. Usually the wifi node dropped the device connected as soon as it was not actively used. I wish the hotel wifi would not log off devices so fast.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel also offered us free welcome drinks in the hotel bar. Check-ins and check-outs were fast and hassle-free. Why not give Arosa all the five Trip Advisor stars? Well, I really would like to rate this hotel excellent, but I have to lower my grade because of the problems with the internet connection. After all, it's such an important service for travellers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the higher floors. The rooms are placed in two wings, one has none-smoking rooms and the other one has rooms for smokers.
2  Thank Nestorex
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Let me start by thanking you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our Guest.

I have certainly taken your comments on board, and I hope that we may be able to welcome you back again in the future for a 100% positive experience.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here in December 2012 and what a great choice this was. We got a shared taxi from the airport from one of the desks and fore 3 people it worked out at about €10 each which seemed good value for the amount of time we were in the taxi, about 30 mins.

At first glance the hotel is only small and on a side street off gran via. Definitely not intimidating though, we'll lit and suitable for groups of women/ older guests. I have to say for the price we paid for this hotel, the location is prime. 2 seconds from gran via and I believe some of the rooms actually look onto gran via.

We had room looking onto the opposite side to the entrance and even though the windows are old fashioned we never had a problem with noise. The bathrooms are on the small side and maybe could do with refurbishing but we never really spent that long in our room so this didn't really bother us. We had bed and breakfast and the breakfast was very nice, good selection of hot and cold foods, with Spanish influence as well as the usual corn flakes and weetabix cereal.

The reception staff were very helpful always willing to give directions and recommendations. This city is fantastic and if you are in two minds about visiting just book it ! You won't regret it! We also took a train to Toledo which is a beautiful little town about 40-50 minutes on the train and a great day out. All in all a fantastic experience.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your positive comment. My team felt rewarded to hear how much you appreciated their service.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

BEST WESTERNHotel Arosa

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just returned from a four night stay at the Arosa. Great location, within walking distance of most of the main attractions with gran via metro station near by to access destinations a little further away. Staff were excellent, always cheerful and helpful. Hotel was very quiet and considering the city centre location traffic noise was very subdued. Very good value for money, breakfast was very good. Our Room was spacious and spotless.The lounge being located on the first floor was a welcoming peaceful oasis from the busy streets. Some of the decor is a little dated but this did not distract from an excellent stay. Would definitly stay there again.

Room Tip: We were in room 619, I would think the rooms on the upper floors like ours would be quieter than lower levels, however the the double glazing on on the inner window plus the outer window should negate any problems on any floor
1  Thank Edward S
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback.

I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Indeed, we have a passion for our guests and it is with deep honesty that we try and make you feel as comfortable as at home and taken care of as a king.

I shared your feedback with all my team and they felt much rewarded by your words.

I thank you once again for this wonderful message.