“Really good central location for the hotel”
Review of Hotel Arosa

Hotel Arosa
Ranked #250 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Really good central location for the hotel”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a trip to Madrid a few months back. The location of the hotel was great it's right on Gran Via which is one of Madrid's main streets. The location of the hotel is also very safe and I never felt that I was in danger coming to and and from the hotel. I like the fact that they have free Wi-Fi throughout the building and the Wi-Fi worked very well in our room without any interruption.

The room was very clean and I also like the fact that it had a safe in the room. The only weird thing about this hotel was at the lobby was on the seventh floor and you had to take a elevator all the way up to the seventh floor before you were able to check in. Also one of the elevators was extremely small and it was very hard to fit in luggage. I stayed here because of it's central location more then anything else.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank RahulMD
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of our hotel on tripadvisor.com.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our Guest.

I am pleased to see that you rated our location, WI-FI services and cleanliness so highly.

I am sorry that the location of our lobby/bar area, on the second floor,didn't meet your expectations, we inform you that on seventh floor there are only guest rooms, .

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

BEST WESTERN Hotel Arosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed December 5, 2012

OK. Central location and breakfast reasonable. Rooms noisy from street below late into the night. Gym not open before 10am making it fairly useless for many guests. Also it only has three machines, rower, bike, cross trainer. The latter two were both broken and staff showed little interest in fixing them. Advertising a gym is, in my opinion, rather miss leading. Wireless Internet a bit unreliable.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Alastair2
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Let me start by thanking you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

Please know that I am taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

BEST WESTERN Hotel Arosa

Travelers are raving about these Madrid hotels

Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The great plus of this hotel is the location.

Everything else you dont mind because location makes up for it. 3 minute walk from metro station, makes it very very extremely convenient. Everything, or most of it, is as of walking distance which makes moving in the city very easy. We even arrived from the airport on the metro and that was piece of cake.

When you leave the hotel, If you turn right on gran via you are of walking distance to Neptuno, Cibeles, Prado and if you go left a more commercial district arises on the gran via. If you want to go further the metro is half a block away.

Besides location breakfast was very good, they even leave small packed snacks for your mid morning cravings. Elevators are small, one of them specially, which makes waiting in the hall a bit annoying. Even for european standards this elevator could take more than 2 people sliding sideways to fit!

Rooms are spacious, although we had to change due the street noise on weekends, so ask for an inner room (we originally had a beautiful room with balcony and view, but sleep quality after long walking days was mandatory). Its not a modern hotel, decor is outdated, but it offers wifi (although you have to ask for a special code for each device you use and if the device forgets the code you have to do this process each and everytime you want to log in), I didnt mind the TV as there is so much to do in Madrid I didnt even have the time to try it, minibar was convenient, and didnt have any issues. Bathroom was spacious considering you are in europe and the building is old, although it seems Best Western provides now with a shower gel that works as shampoo, conditioner, soap etc which was something hard to get used to. (not only in Madrid's BW but in europe in general as we stayed in a few) Works for the environment but not sure if just one gel works for all.

Madrid is a city full of night life, so we appreciated how close the hotel was from all squares where the night life is. Personnel from the hotel was polite and keen to solve most issues at hand. They are not extremely friendly nor are most folks from Madrid but nothing that would ruin your vacation.

I would definitely go there again because surrounding hotels are more expensive and this hotel's location is unbeatable.

Room Tip: The lower the room the less the wait on the elevator. Higher floors are the non smoking rooms. Rooms...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank motocicleta78
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay at our property.

You maybe sure that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

Hoping to have the pleasure to meet you on your next visit, I remain with best regards.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great location just off the Gran Via in central Madrid. Transfer by metro from the airport takes about 30 mins but if you land at T1 you need to walk to T2. The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the Gran Via metro station. It is close to the old town and all the major tourist attractions.
I had a single room which was a little small but fine for my needs. It had a good sized bathroom and like the rest of the hotel was very clean. My room was at the rear of the hotel and apart from a liitle noise from an adjacent room was quite although I would imagine that rooms which face onto the Gran Via could be noisey.
I stayed on a room only basis as there are plenty of eating places locally so am unable to coment on the quality of the breakfast.
I thought the reception staff could have been a little friendlier.
With its great location I consider that it represents great value for money and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Tom186356
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is located right around the corner (down a side street) from La Gran Via. So basically next to all the main shopping areas. From the airport (MAD) it is approximately a 38 EUR cab fare. You can also take the Metro which is cheap and get off (with one transfer) at the Gran Via stop which was at the end of the La Gran Via street. We took the train back to the airport when we left and it was easy. Surprisingly, the trains were nice, not many seats but they looked newer and were definitely nicer then the ones in Paris and other cities I have been to.

The hotel has 7 floors with spacious rooms. Generally in Europe, the rooms are much smaller and I was impressed with the size. The decorations were a bit dated with brown tubs and toilets but overall the room was clean. A small fridge and old school tv was in the room as well. There are no little soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc in the room. Just a standard pump for all the above so if your expecting any of that, you'll have to bring your own or make do with a soap/hand soap/shampoo combination bottle.

Obviously, if you are in Madrid for vacation, you want a safe and clean place to stay which is located central to the places to visit.. well this was it. It had one of the smallest elevators I have ever seen (the one on the left being smaller then the one on the right) but it was comical to see people squeezing into it.. and I mean small even by European standards. There was a bar and restaurant on the second floor which was nice. We did not eat at the restaurant but had a few beers at the bar. Typical prices for a hotel bar.

We had free internet. You just go to the reception and ask them to print you a pass code. One 72 hour pass for each device, so if you have a phone, ipad and/or laptop, ask for extra codes which they will kindly give you. The internet worked great in the room, even when we were streaming movies on our ipad through sling box. Other hotels I have stayed in sometimes only have wireless in common areas such as the lobby but no issues with this hotel.

The staff was nice but not overly friendly.. not rude though.

You can't ask for more in terms of location. It was walking distance to the Royal Palace (10-15 min walk) and on the way you can see all the parks. Going in the opposite direction are three of the main museums. Anything else you need, just hop on the metro stop to get there. All the shopping you want is around the corner. If you go right when turning out of the hotel, you will run into a few stalls selling trinkets, candied nuts, hot chocolate, etc. Go left out of the hotel and your on the main shopping strip. All the shoes you could ever want to get.

The restaurants around the area were decently priced even though you are in a very touristy area. I would stay there again, great location, clean (although dated) room and free internet. What more do you need?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank slorin721
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located in the hearth of Madrid near the GranVia Metro stop.

My non-smoking 7-th floor room was clean and good: wooden floor, shower with glass walls (no plastic curtain) and free (and working!) wi-fi. A limitation are the walls that are wafer thin. I could hear perfectly well people in the corridor and in the room nearby. The carpet in the corridor is a bit old looking but you are not going to sleep there.

The breakfast on offer has a good variety and quality. Besides usual stuff (scrambled eggs, bread etc) it includes pastries, freshly cut ham, fruits plus white rice, and bean soup. They also offer complimentary newspapers and the IHT as international newspaper.

Staff was welcoming but their English was a bit rusty.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank UnEspertoViaggiatore
Dear Guest,

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Unlike some of the other travellers, my husband and I had a beautiful room on the eight floor. With the original booking, I asked for a room on one of the top floors with a terrace or view of the city. The room that we were given was very clean and spacious and had five windows, including one in the bathroom. The views of Madrid were excellent!
Our friends who were travelling with us did not ask for anything in particular, other than to be on the eight floor. Their room was much smaller and had only one window so it is important to be specific about what you want.
The staff members in reception, in the breakfast room and in the bar were friendly and very helpful. The breakfast buffet included hot and cold dishes, was very adequate and was located in a beautiful room on the second floor. The elevators were tiny but they were in good working order.
We loved the location, which was just off the Gran Via and gave us easy access to everything. We were able to walk to the Prado and to all the museums and monuments that we wanted to visit. The city tour bus was located just across the street and there were any number of excellent tapas bars and restaurants nearby.
The only thing that I recommended to the hotel was to upgrade the fitness room equipment and add a treadmill, but this was not a serious concern because we got lots of exercise walking. Overall we found everything to be comfortable, convenient and just what we needed for a wonderful five days in Madrid!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the Gran Via and be specific about what you want when you do your ini...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Client,

I have certainly taken your comments on board, and I hope that we may be able to welcome you back again in the future for a 100% positive experience.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!