“Madrid Experience”

Ranked #238 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Ottawa, Canada
“Madrid Experience”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Overall, this hotel is not bad but we had some issues. The hotel has a strange setup. The reception area is up some stairs and quite small. There are two elevators but one of them is tiny. So, first impression is not great. However, once you get to the second floor, they have a huge lounge with a nice bar and lots of comfy couches and two computers you can use. A breakfast buffet is served there and it was very good. Lots of choices and great coffee.
The problems we encountered were with our room. We had booked what they call an "executive room". As far as I can tell, this just means that you get a queen bed instead of a double. The first room we got on the fifth floor was dark and overlooked an inner section with ventilation equipment. The wallpaper was peeling on the wall. Might have stayed there but they had turned off the air conditioning for some reason and it was hot during our stay. So we had to open the windows and then you could hear these fans going all night. Drove me crazy! So, the second day, we asked for a better room. We got a room on the seventh floor which was about the same but brighter with no peeling wallpaper. To our delight, the air conditioning was turned on again so we could keep the windows closed during the night. No noisy fans but still not that quiet as you could hear everything in the hallway and adjacent rooms. But I guess that's pretty standard in European hotels.
Overall, we felt we got the room for a good price (with free breakfast and minibar) considering its location in the heart of Madrid. Just wished we had slept better!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

I am sorry your stay didn't meet your expectations. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I appreciate your sharing your concerns and it is my hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future and to offer you our undivided attention.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again

Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next visit.

BEST WESTERN Hotel Arosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The best thing of the hotel is its location: 10 meters from Gran Via St. between Callao and Gran Vía Metro stations. Hotel is confortable and has good beds, but tiny rooms and old fashion bathrooms. Common areas are large and have been renovated with good taste. Free internet. Free storage of luggage if you go out for few days and come back, as I did. Personel is polite, but they never help with the luggage to ran up the stairs from the street to the reception. Good choice for few days in Madrid.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Gran Via. You will have a nice view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The best thing about this hotel is the location. Stayed for 2 nights in early October and could walk everywhere. Metro station only metres away. Room very basic but clean and wifi good. Staff have very little English but easy to get around anyway.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards,

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a 2-3 starred hotel, no more. Very plain, room has a bed, a very plain tabletop (not desk) and an old box type TV with 20 or so channels. Breakfast is good, not great. Location is ok if you like to be in downtown. Overall, nothing special. Personally I was disappointed in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again

Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next visit.

BEST WESTERN Hotel Arosa

Travelers are raving about these Madrid hotels

Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very good Hotel but to exspensive what you got for your money. Breakfast ok, service ok, but the room where to tiny and the bed was very low and not nice to lay in. All very clean and every floor in a different style, we was in 8th floor and it was a little in Japanese direction. Bathroom ok and also very clean. But all over are 148 Euro a night to much for this Hotel. Good that the Hotel is right in the Center of Madrid at Gran Via, near Metro and Plaza del Sol and Plaza Major.

Room Tip: Ask for a big room, to get one!
1 Thank Soccerwatcher
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Let me start by thanking you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a few days in mid-September and loved the location, our room, breakfast and service. The only problem was the internet. Our WiFi signal was strong but internet connection service was very spotty at best. Only one of the two computers in the restaurant area worked, so if there wero other people who wanted to use it you were out of luck. They have very nice property but in 2012 they must get better internet service. I think they just do not have enough capacity going outside.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for the interior section. No view but very quiet. Rooms facing Gran V...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Client,

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our Guest.

I have certainly taken your comments on board, and I hope that we may be able to welcome you back again in the future for a 100% positive experience.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel, primarily due to the location (which is seconds away from one of the main shopping streets, Gran Via) but also due to the reasonable price for a clean and comfortable room with a nice powerful shower.

We stayed for 3 nights mid September (choosing to not pay extra for breakfast) and were very happy with our room - we were lucky enough to get one of the 16 Zen rooms (ie Japan inspired decor) so the room felt new and clean with efficient air con. However my boyfriend did find the mattress too hard!

There is free wi-fi, along with computer terminals freely available on the 2nd floor where the bar is and we were lucky enough to be there when they were giving away a free glass of cava to each guest between 18:00 - 20:00 on a daily basis! We only used the reception to check in and out however the staff were friendly and efficient, and happily pointed us to the spacious luggage room available for guests on the day of our departure.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family, and would be happy to return again. I wouldn't imagine the breakfast is very good value for money given the many cheap bakeries dotted around but that's just my personal preference!

Room Tip: I'd try asking for a room not facing Gran Via (as I can imagine it might get quite noisey during...
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.