“Great location!”
Review of Hotel Arosa

Hotel Arosa
Ranked #246 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The best thing about this hotel is the location. Stayed for 2 nights in early October and could walk everywhere. Metro station only metres away. Room very basic but clean and wifi good. Staff have very little English but easy to get around anyway.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

I thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a 2-3 starred hotel, no more. Very plain, room has a bed, a very plain tabletop (not desk) and an old box type TV with 20 or so channels. Breakfast is good, not great. Location is ok if you like to be in downtown. Overall, nothing special. Personally I was disappointed in this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

I am sorry your stay didn't meet your expectations. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I appreciate your sharing your concerns and it is my hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future and to offer you our undivided attention.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again

Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next visit.

With my best regards,

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very good Hotel but to exspensive what you got for your money. Breakfast ok, service ok, but the room where to tiny and the bed was very low and not nice to lay in. All very clean and every floor in a different style, we was in 8th floor and it was a little in Japanese direction. Bathroom ok and also very clean. But all over are 148 Euro a night to much for this Hotel. Good that the Hotel is right in the Center of Madrid at Gran Via, near Metro and Plaza del Sol and Plaza Major.

Room Tip: Ask for a big room, to get one!
1  Thank Soccerwatcher
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Let me start by thanking you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a few days in mid-September and loved the location, our room, breakfast and service. The only problem was the internet. Our WiFi signal was strong but internet connection service was very spotty at best. Only one of the two computers in the restaurant area worked, so if there wero other people who wanted to use it you were out of luck. They have very nice property but in 2012 they must get better internet service. I think they just do not have enough capacity going outside.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for the interior section. No view but very quiet. Rooms facing Gran V...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear Client,

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our Guest.

I have certainly taken your comments on board, and I hope that we may be able to welcome you back again in the future for a 100% positive experience.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel, primarily due to the location (which is seconds away from one of the main shopping streets, Gran Via) but also due to the reasonable price for a clean and comfortable room with a nice powerful shower.

We stayed for 3 nights mid September (choosing to not pay extra for breakfast) and were very happy with our room - we were lucky enough to get one of the 16 Zen rooms (ie Japan inspired decor) so the room felt new and clean with efficient air con. However my boyfriend did find the mattress too hard!

There is free wi-fi, along with computer terminals freely available on the 2nd floor where the bar is and we were lucky enough to be there when they were giving away a free glass of cava to each guest between 18:00 - 20:00 on a daily basis! We only used the reception to check in and out however the staff were friendly and efficient, and happily pointed us to the spacious luggage room available for guests on the day of our departure.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family, and would be happy to return again. I wouldn't imagine the breakfast is very good value for money given the many cheap bakeries dotted around but that's just my personal preference!

Room Tip: I'd try asking for a room not facing Gran Via (as I can imagine it might get quite noisey during...

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us

I look forward to your next visit so we can offer you our undivided attention.

With my best regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Ok before I start, I just wanna say that I didn't have a really good time in Madrid, had missed out on a tour because there was miscommunication with where we should meet; and me & a friend got robbed on the metro train heading to the airport, we didn't see or feel who did it. I lost my wallet which contained my most important thing, my passport. The security and some locals there were not helpful. And I saw a protest/riot at night near the Sol train station city centre, which kinda put me off. But having said that, I know those experiences do not reflect all of the country and there are still good people, services and locations around. One point is this hotel, which we booked through Expedia, at a pretty good rate. It was a little hard to find as it is situated on a side-street, but it was clean, featured Spanish architecture, beds, functional showers and air-conditioning. The staff spoke above-average servicable English, and were helpful to us, especially in suggesting different tour companies that had offered the exact same tours the original tour company we booked with did, so we went with them. The bar/lounge/computer area is large, and there is even a private phone booth for those who don't have mobile phones wanting to call privately. I really enjoyed the hotel, despite a lot of problems we had in Madrid, and would recommend people making a booking there, and avoiding the metro train as much as possible.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback. I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

I shared your feedback with all my team and they felt much rewarded by your words.

I very much regret for the bad experiences you had in Madrid.

I thank you once again for this wonderful message.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

After 4 (business) nights at one of the best rated hotels in Madrid I moved to this hotel for one night. I was certainly a down grade in terms of standard, but keeping in mind that it was half the price compared to my first hotel, I think this hotel is value for mony. How much can you expect if you pay approx. 70 Euro for one night? If and when I should go to Madrid again privately, I would certainly consider this hotel. The room was small but nice and clean with no noice from the street. The location is perfect in the old part.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
HOTELAROSA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Arosa, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear Clients,