“Old school glamour, ok rooms”
Review of Hotel Ritz, Madrid

Hotel Ritz, Madrid
Ranked #42 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Stayed here on a quick business trip. Location is not the most convenient so ended up using taxis a fair bit to get around from there.
The lobby area is very nice old school glamour, concierge and check-in staff provided good service. Nice lobby restaurant environment, standard snack food.

Rooms were tastefully furnished in old world style. Size-wise pretty small, had a view onto the court yard. Amenities were good.

Would recommend to business travellers, but not necessarily for people on a city break looking to explore Madrid as the location wasn't ideal.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed February 21, 2011

This hotel is definitely worth the money and the trip. The rooms were elegant and spacious (as spacious as they can be for a city hotel). The breakfast offered a large selection and we got to sample local delicatessen such as their home made magdalenas. The services was superb. Very friendly and helpful, they really made our stay memorable.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2011

It is a very nice place with nice history and a Royal fealing, unfortunately it looks like they havent invest a dime!, the place is folling apart and the service is not THAT good. I left my room at 9am and when I came back at 2pm my bed was still undone!, not what you expect from a 5 star luxury hotel, I have to say it was not the cleaning ladies fault, they where more than nice with me but it just seams like they havnt got enogh men power to give the service one expects from this kind of hotel!. The restaurant was nice, and overall its a good hotel, but I think is definitly lacking value for money! A shame with all the history and the lovely building

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
RitzManager, Manager at Hotel Ritz, Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2011

Dear guest,

May I thank you on behalf of the Ritz team for sharing your comments regarding your last stay with us. They have been shared with the relevant team members and will be taken into consideration to improve our property and service levels.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 4, 2011

The service was excellent, some of the best outside Asia. The concierge staff were helpful and extremely knowledgeable. The front desk staff was also very friendly and willing to go the extra step to make you feel comfortable. The service is so good, it nearly makes up for the sub-par rooms. The rooms are small and very dated. The rooms are in desperate need of remodeling. The food was very good, and the ambiance of the outdoor terrace is terrific. The hotel is perfectly situated for tourists. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially to tourists who plan to spend much of their day outside of their room.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NYCBOS
RitzManager, Manager at Hotel Ritz, Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Dear guest,

May I thank you for taking your time and reviewing your last stay with us. Your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property and will be shared with our staff. I am sure they will help us to continue delivering an enriching service experience to our guests.

Yours sincerely,

Juan José Martínez Ortiz de Zárate

Reviewed January 31, 2011

We had the most enchanting week end at the Ritz Hotel for my husband birthday. This is a truly five star hotel, when you can find elegance, tradition, exquisite manners, discrete and attentive service, care, attention and charming atmosphere.
The room was beautiful with a lovely view of the Prado, ancient furniture, orchids and fresh fruit each day; breakfast was delicious, service was perfect. We cannot pick a better hotel in town.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

On behalf of the Ritz team, I would like to thank you for taking your time to submit your comments which will be shared with the team members.
We wish to welcoming you back at the Ritz in the near future.

Juan José Martínez Ortiz de Zárate

Reviewed January 28, 2011

I'm in the air every 2 weeks or so I travel quite a bit across the world. Almost always, I stay in a Westin, Ritz, Four Seasons, St. Regis, etc. I typically stay in the Westin in Madrid but decided to try the Ritz. Unbelievable, what a terrible place. Staff were generally uninterested, but you see that sometimes; however, the conditions of the room was just appalling. This was the only hotel I've stayed in that I actually wore my shoes in the room because I did not want my feet on the carpet. It was dirty and old; managment need to really sort this place out. Just awful.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
7  Thank The_Traveler_011
RitzManager, Manager at Hotel Ritz, Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2011

Dear guest,

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for taking your time and share your comments regarding your stay at the Ritz. They will be taken into consideration and shared with the relevant team members to improve our service.

With kind regards,

Reviewed January 25, 2011

I was in Madrid sometime October end with my fiancée. We had booked the Ritz thru Amex FH&R. Upon check-in the receptionist gave us a very half hearted tour of the lobby area. We were not even told of the usual amenities that booking thru Amex entities you to (Room upgrade, b'fast, etc)

Our room was on the lower floors at the start of the corridor. Upon entering the room my holiday spirit disappeared in an instant. It was the size of a rat hole. And we even asked for a king bed, but was given 2 singles. The bathroom was 'L' shaped and it was impossible for 2 people to be there at once. View from the single window was of the courtyard (not impressive).

Rooms were OLD. The television looked like it was left there since the 80's. Extremely over priced.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank worldtraveller2012

Dear guest,

From these lines, I would like to thank you for taking your time and sharing your comments about your last stay at the Ritz.

We have passed your comments to our relevant team members as we always do our best to honour our guest's special requests.

I am positive that your comments will help us not to meet but to exceed your expectations on your next visit to Madrid and I look forward to welcoming you back personally at the Ritz.

With kind regards,