“Enjoyed The Westin Palace”

The Westin Palace Madrid
Ranked #36 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
London, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed The Westin Palace”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here while he was on a work trip.
I arrived in Madrid when the parade was on and couldn't get to the hotel,thankfully my boyfriend was already there ad the concierge were very helpful in helping me to get from where the taxi driver left me (telling me I could get through to the other side which I couldn't) to the hotel.

Our room was great, massive bed, enough space for a European hotel, bathroom was nice with two sinks and the shower was luxurious. Extremely clean rooms and the TV had a variety of channels a few in different languages so something for everyone. Lots of cupboard space and lovely curtains that kept out any draft.Minibar is expensive.

The gym was quiet in the early evening and there were lots of machines the only one that I would have liked to be there which wasn't was a rowing machine.The good thing about the gym was that it was 24 hour access with your key card and this is convenient.

The bar was nice and lots to choose from although it was expensive which we didn't mind but we had finished our drinks and no one realised and asked if we wanted another, we tried to get the staff attention but they didn't seem to hear / see us so in the end after 20 minutes without drinks we gave up and went up to our room.

All staff reception, housekeeping and concierge etc. were polite and professional.

Central location which was great as on the Friday my boyfriend had to work all day and so I popped out and had a walk around on my own. I went to the Prado Museum and the Botanical Gardens. On the Saturday we walked to Retiro Gardens and the Plaza Mayor / San Miguel Market and The Reina Sofia.

Room service was delicious and they even outline the superfoods for you if you want to eat healthy.

In room massage was relaxing and the therapist friendly it was Euro196.

I would recommend this hotel and really enjoyed staying here, we would return if we visit Madrid again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Torremolinos, Spain
Reviewed October 14, 2012

12 OCT 1912 --This amazing hotel opened its doors to the world.
On last Friday night 12 OCT 2012 they reached 100 years of glorious hospitality and on arrival all the staff were in birthday mood.
It takes a very special General Manager to run a hotel like the PALACE MADRID.
As a Platinum guest within Starwood i was given a delightful suite.
Many times i have stayed here --the staff are so helpful--some rooms while somewhat dated still retain a great charm.
As a down town hotel in Madrid--this is a great choice.

2 Thank IRELANDSMAN
Culver City, CA
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Westin Palace, formerly The Palace, in Madrid for three days at the beginning of October. I often fear what an American chain will do to an excellent old hotel, but in this case there was nothing to fear.

Check in was easy and uncrowded on a Sunday afternoon. The concierge had an envelope that had been sent over two days earlier by her company. (The trip was business and pleasure.) The clerk at check-in alerted up that it was there.

The room was perfect and very comfortable, with a good desk and a chair to relax. Bathroom was splendid, clean and modern. We were on the 6th floor overlooking the inner "courtyard" which was wonderfully quiet. The bed was plush and comfortable.

Room service was available at all hours. Prices were astronomical, as were prices at the bar (22 Euros for a pop of Carlos I (an excellent Spanish brandy) which could be had for $5.50 at a resto around the corner. We avoided the bar and hotel restauarnt due to pricing and found excellent small places within a 10 minute walk. Wifi cost 15 E a day but functioned perfectly. I speak Spanish but my wife does not: the staff was completely competent and conversant in English. We used the concierge twice on advice for how to get places, they gave accurate information both times. Doormen fetched cabs within 60 seconds on four occasions. Location in Madrid is excellent, obviously, right in the center of the city, adjacent to the Prado and several museums. Madrid, btw, if you've never visited, is a fabulous city, one of my favorites (along with Paris, London, New York and San Diego). Definitely worth a visit.

I am not always the easiest person to please in terms of hotels, but the Palace delivered on all counts. We look forward to returning in 2013.

Room Tip: There is a 24/7 health club. I wouldn't want to be underneath it, but don'[t know if that...
1 Thank NH1212
Carmel, New York
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Excellent location.Good service.Beautiful and romantic hotel.close to el prado.and walking distance to many great places to visit in Madrid.The staff was friendly and ready to help you answers yours questions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ligiamendoza
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I spend a romantic holidays at this monstrous beautiful hotel .Makes me put Madrid in one of must visit places in the world beyond all means Madrid is a beautiful place .But this 100 years hotel full of history when you cross the pathways ,walls ,rooms anywhere you have time to read and learn a bit of history from the decades..
Well furniture the decor at my executive suit was all elegant and luxurious . The magnificent architecture of The Westin Palace shines in this elegant and exotic space especially at Asia Gallery .The glass central royal dome is the sunshine of this hotel
Its classically Victorian-style decorated inspired by the Roaring Twenties and makes it the perfect environment.
I recommend 100%

Room Tip: Rooms that you can enjoy the beauty of botanic Garden from 5th floor up at east side
2 Thank CrisaG
Toronto
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Not only is this hotel beautiful, but it is also in the perfect location. The Prado Museum is about a 5-minute walk from the hotel, the Royal Palace (on the other side of the old city) is about 20-minutes. We walked everywhere!

Our room was luxurious - bed was super comfortable; the bathroom clean and spacious, and equipped with Westin standard White Tea toiletries. The only reason I can’t give this hotel 5 stars is because of the service –concierge service was lacking in efficiency, warmth and hospitality.

Otherwise, highly recommend this hotel.

Happy travels!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suman514
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was going back and forth between booking The Westin Palace and The Ritz. Ultimately, I chose The Westin Palace because it was 100 Euros less per night. I could not have been happier with my decision. First, The Ritz is across the street from The Westin so there is no gain in terms of location. The hotel is right next to the Prado, surrounded by wonderful street artists. The hotel is historic and beautiful. The room was well-sized, especially for Europe. We ate lunch at the hotel, which, while expensive, was well-worth it. I would highly recommend trying the gazpacho. We also enjoyed the fantastic buffet breakfast that was included in our rate. Finally, I was pleasantly surprised that the cab was only 25 Euros from the airport.

p.s. If you have the chance, we had a fantastic, traditional meal at Casa Lucio on Cava Baja. The hotel concierge made our reservation and it was well-worth the 20 minute walk.

2 Thank PAG224