“Great Show”

Casa Patas, Flamenco en Vivo
Ranked #5 of 919 Nightlife in Madrid
More attraction details
Owner description: The reigning Queen of Flamenco, Sara Baras, holds court at this fun flamenco bar.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Great Show”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Wow, what a great way to spend the evening, loved this Flamenco show, great entertainment, we went on a Thursday evening and took a taxi from the Westin, its a good ways from the hotel, we got the drink and show, had great seats right at the stage and were entertained by several wonderful dancers and singers also. Highly recommend this show.

Visited June 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Only one Flamenco - totally authentic”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

There cannot be enough great things said about this amazing and most intimate of spaces. The sweat off the dancers brow will hit you fair and square if you sit in the front. There are however no bad seats. The intensity of the music, the musicians and the rawness of the music - the gypsy's life and passion will hit you all in the heart and mind.

Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Jazz Flamenco”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I can't say that I was converted to Jazz Flamenco, but I had a good night out at Casa Patas.

We reserved a table for 7.30 and had a good meal before the flamenco show at 9 pm. The place was packed, with what seemed to be a good mix of tourists and flamenco-lovers. Good food, good atmosphere, but this was not a cheap night out with tickets at 35 Euros each.

Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Very pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After a bit of research I decided on Casa Patas for my Madrid "flamenco experience." Of course, one would prefer to see a show in Seville, and that is certainly on my list of things to do when I eventually return to Spain, but on this trip I was limited to Madrid. Casa Patas is widely regarded as the best choice for flamenco in Madrid, and it earns that reputation.
We ordered our tickets while eating in the restaurant. The restaurant is a bit pricey, but I had a leg of lamb that was excellent, and my lady had a steak that certainly didn't disappoint. I would recommend skipping the restaurant if you're travelling on a tight budget, but a meal is worth it if you're willing to pay for the all inclusive Casa Patas experience.
The show itself was incredible. The audience is packed into a small room, oriented around a small stage in the back corner. There didn't seem to be a bad seat in the house. Large groups might have a hard time sitting around the same table, but the seating arrangements were perfect for couples. A drink is included in the ticket price, but get your order in before the show starts. I ad no idea what to expect from the performance, and I am still unsure on how best to describe it. One thing is certain, I was smiling the entire time. Flamenco is a truly unique experience, and a trip to Spain is incomplete without it.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank John A
Buffalo, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We are flamenco fans and so were trying to seek out something true to the art and not just a tourist trap. We were not at all disappointed by this show! There were two dancers- one male and one female-both were wonderful. There were 2 singers, 2 guitar players and a violinist-all were fantastic. At the end we were also treated to an impromptu song and dance by a friend of one of the dancers who was in the audience and the grandson of a famous flamenco singer. We did make reservations online about a week ahead of time and our table was directly in front of the stage. The place was packed and it was a Thursday night. The food was ok-nothing special-but I was there for the show anyways.

Visited May 2013