“Flamenco with a Modern Twist To Start”

Casa Patas, Flamenco en Vivo
Ranked #5 of 913 Nightlife in Madrid
More attraction details
Owner description: The reigning Queen of Flamenco, Sara Baras, holds court at this fun flamenco bar.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Flamenco with a Modern Twist To Start”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Overall I enjoyed my evening at Casa Patas even though it is a bit pricey $34 with one drink included. The opening number had me a bit worried as it was a bit modern and not what I wanted to see...I was there to see a traditional flamenco show. Luckily the rest of the show was amazing. The male singer was awesome (I think he may have also been the singer at another show I saw in August), powerful voice. I would recommend this place to friends and family but due to price would not go again, even though I really like watching live performances.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“This is a fantastic experience”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We didn't have dinner at Casa Patas (it's an additional option) choosing rather to have tapas in Plaza Santa .Ana a block away. After dinner we went to Casa Patas for our Flamenco show and were just blown away. The night we went the audience was mostly tourists - possibly because it was a week night, but the locals that were there sure lent the spirit of Flamenco to an outstanding show. We would go there again. And again. Highly recommended.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fabulous evening”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We started our evening with a meal in the restaurant, the food was lovely but the food consisted mainly of tapas. Our waitress Maria, was lovely and luckily she spoke French as I do as no one spoke English but this actually added to the atmosphere of the restaurant. We had booked the 9pm flamenco show and it was packed, with locals and tourists, the show was amazing and really got you wanting to learn to flamenco. With the show you get a drink of Sangria. Just a word of warning the show is in two parts and some people did not know this and actually left at the end of the first half! A fab evening and definitely would go again if we were in Madrid.

Paris, France
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Real Flamenco experience”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Don' miss experiencing a real flamenco performance. The music as everything in Madrid will start and end late. Make sure you reserve before going. Do not waste your time going to one of those canned touristperfomances. You can make reservations online for Casa Pata, you can eat their too. The music is in the room in the back. The dancers are amazing and the music to die for.
I had a 10% coupon off, they only take 10% off the perfomance and not the dinner.

Its a must see in Madrid!!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Ginaparis1
Melbourne, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Most memorable experience in Madrid!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This Flamenco Show is a must-see! Felt like we were in another world. My husband was not very excited to be dragged along to this show I might add, but once it started he was converted.

There was no build-up, it was just full on from start to finish - soooo exciting and so much passion in the dancing, singing and guitars. We loved every minute of it, and didnt want it to end.

It felt so authentic and the crowd did not seem to be very touristy.

If you have very little time in Madrid - this must be on top of your list! So memorable!

Visited September 2012