“Tourist Trap!”

and up
Madrid Flamenco Show with Evening Sightseeing Tour and Optional Dinner
Ranked #19 of 148 Concerts & Shows in Madrid
More attraction details
Owner description: We serve an excellent choice of tapas and drinks, which our clients can savour while enjoying the best flamenco show in Madrid. We do not only invite famous artistes to perform alongside our in-house musicians, but, due to our desire to keep flamenco alive, we also give an opportunity to young talent, as we have been doing for the last 40 years. Come and enjoy the best in flamenco…
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Tourist Trap!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

An owner of a flamenco accessories shop recommended that we go to Café de Chinitas as it would be the most authentic flamenco in Spain and that we could pay 28 euros to see the performance. He further stated that it was not a tourist trap and that we could either eat and watch the performance or just drink and watch the performance. Two members of our group were escorted in to the over crowded dining room with chairs almost on top of each other and were told that they could sit and enjoy the performance and as the rest of the group was seated I was told that we had to pay immediately for the performance and dinner or leave. I informed the rude waiter, in Spanish, that we were told that we could pay 28 euros for the performance and that as the first part of our group was walked in the other waiter had confirmed the fee to be paid; however, the rude waiter got in my face and told me that either we paid or left. So, we all got out and left. The greatest thing about that is that 4 days later we all went to Barcelona and saw a great flamenco performance and had great buffet with Moroccan and Spanish cuisine. Well worth the wait and the money!

Visited November 2013
5 Thank GaMenH

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Herndon, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun, but expensive -- there are probably better options”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place was suggested to us by our hotel concierge (Gran Melia Fenix). We asked him to get us a reservation for flamenco dancing at 10pm so I'm sure he was limited in options. We arrived for our 10:30 reservation and had a pretty decent table, but I think most tables were not bad.

The show itself was 28 euros. If you don't want to pay €3+ each for the bread, don't eat it when they bring it out. Also, water is not free. The sangria was good, as is most places in Madrid. The calamari was also very good, but about €20. We also had the crispy suckling pig (€20-22), which we also enjoyed. The bread, whether for free or €3, was terrible so I suggest that you just not take it. Our final bill was €128 for only 2 people.

Overall, the only complaint I had was the limited service, and feeling that they were just trying to take advantage of tourists. I had a checkin offer from Yelp that our server didn't recognize and just ignored like I never showed him. The dancing was great, but take my opinion with a grain of salt since this was my first experience.

I would absolutely recommend going to a tablao flamenco, but I'd probably suggest finding a different one to go to.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Timgator
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Memorable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Last weekend I went to Café de Chinitas after a delicious meal in Taberna La Bola with a group of 15 students that study with me in London. The performances were amazing and captivating, the wine delicious and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. One of the owners was there and helped us arrange a memorable surprise: to call three of our students who dance to the stage to dance for a bit with the professional flamenco dancers. We had an amazing evening and will certainly come back!

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“My life was changed by this flamenco show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

The performers were outstanding. The men, the women. It was unbelievable. I would come back 100 times for that show. There was such passion and fire. It really changed the way I look at life.

That said, the food is ridiculously overpriced, the wine we ordered was soso, and the servers were not very friendly.

But that show? That show makes it worth the 5 star review.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mspinelli91
Hawaii
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Touristy flamenco”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

The plus sides are a nice location, and atmospheric room. The negatives are miniscule seating (I actually couldn't get out of my seat for two hours), very mediocre food (a set menu for a large group), and while the flamenco was entertaining enough, it felt tired (or at least the performers looked it) and very much felt like the tenth show they had done that week. Yes, a lot of the performers were older, but this didn't detract so much as that you could just tell they were as unimpressed with their audience as we may have been for them. The lack of enthusiasm was palpable on both sides.

Visited April 2013