We were generally impressed with this hotel - it is conveniently located and easy to get to and in easy reach of several Metro stations. The hotel is clean and well maintained and the staff are very helpful in general. However there were a couple of negatives:
- The room was not ready when we arrived, which was just after the advertised check in time. We were not put off by the duty managers attempt at a rebuff but to their credit we eventually got an apology and a free drink after some remonstration.
- We asked for a family room and this consisted of a queen bed and a pull down double. This was too small for our teenage son and also with the bed down, there was not much room to move around. Not really a proper family sized room.
- The bar stopped serving drinks at 10:30. Bearing in mind most locals are just setting out for dinner at that time, we found this surprising.
We would probably stay here again but in a different room configuration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built as a guesthouse, it is now design and a singular Hotel. Located in the neighborhood of La Latina, in the heart of Madrid. It has 17 rooms, all unique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Posada del Leon de Oro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Del Leon De Oro Hotel Madrid