See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 23, 2019

Great location, friendly staff and decent value for money. A few small qualms with things like the deck chairs for the pool being particularly uncomfortable and the lifts smelling a little odd but overall the place was very tidy, and clean and my stay was hassle free.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Go10136578390
granvia_direccion, Director General at Catalonia Gran Via, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Thank you very much for your comments and evaluation of the hotel. We are happy that your stay was satisfactory. We will work to improve those details that were not up to par, thanks for commenting. Big hug and see you soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

I booked through Booking.com, using a ‘No pre-payment’ rate, only guaranteeing the 2 rooms with the credit card associated to my account.
Arrived at the hotel to be told that payment for the first night for the 2 rooms had been taken on the card used to guarantee the booking. I was a little puzzled because I didn’t think payment would be taken until arrival where I was going to use a different credit card which I use specifically for foreign transactions but I wasn’t given a choice! So it’ll probably cost me more now...
Positives - great location on Gran Via, near Puerta del Sol, easy to get to places in Madrid.
Lovely, spacious rooms.
Gorgeous bathroom with massive shower cubicle. 2 shower heads, one was a waterfall shower head which was absolutely brilliant.
Bed was gigantic; good, firm mattress.
Plug sockets by the bed with USB ports as well.
Negatives - extremely noisy water pipes from the room above. We could hear the shower water falling on to the shower tray & then passing down the pipes which were boxed in our room. Kept me awake on the first night (room 329). That was the only negative.
All in all, I’d stay at the hotel again but will use a foreign currency credit card to guarantee it next time. Great hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
granvia_direccion, Director General at Catalonia Gran Via, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

Dear Sam, we are very happy that you decided to spend your birthday at our hotel and that your stay was satisfactory. We regret the confusion when making the charge on that card, please accept our sincere apologies. Regarding the tuido of the pipes we will review the installation to try to improve, thank you. A big hug and see you next time.

Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here recently for 3 nights for my birthday. The location of the hotel is great, unfortunately that was the only positive. My
Partner pre ordered champagne for the room and paid when we arrived. They also charged me for the champagne (even though it was meant to be a surprise) when my partner asked for a refund for one of these charges, the reception attendant was very defensive and said he did not over charge us, despite us having receipts to prove it. We are still waiting to receive this refund of €45. Our bathroom was dirty. Hairs and dust all around the sink and in the shower. We only received one bottle of water in a 3 night stay. Water should be complimentary at a complete minimum for a 4* hotel. We asked for our sheets to be changed on night 2, this was not done. We asked for night 3 and it was also not done. There were children staying alone next door to us, up at 6am running up and down the corridor and banging on their door at 12 midnight making it difficult to sleep - children shouldn’t be allowed stay in hotel rooms alone so this was very strange. We ordered two drinks at the bar on night 1, it cost €31. In the bar next door to the hotel we paid €12 for the same drinks. Ridiculously overpriced. The pool is more like a bath. All photos are very deceiving of the rooms and pool area. I would find it hard to recommend this hotel based on our 3 nights there and we paid €480 for 3 nights so it wasn’t the cheapest hotel on offer but we stayed here expecting good service and a clean hotel - none of which we received. Over all very disappointing.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
granvia_direccion, Director General at Catalonia Gran Via, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Dear guests, first of all I would like to offer you our sincere apologies for the inconveniences suffered during your stay. It is true that by mistake they were billed a bottle of champagne in duplicate, we realized soon after and made the return on your card at the same time but the bank will take a few days to make the return to be weekend, please we apologize for the error. The bottle of water in your room was a courtesy of the hotel since the water in Madrid is perfectly potable and of good quality, we regret that you did not like the detail. We always try to make our clients satisfied with their stay with us and most of the time we get it ... we are very sorry that this was not the case and we reiterate our apologies. A cordial greeting.

Reviewed March 25, 2019

With a magnific location, the hotel is the right choice for those who want to discover Madrid bay foot or Subway ... one block from Chueca and 5 blocks from Sol, the hotel offers the confort e the convinience that we need.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you very much for offering us the highest score and sharing your comments with the rest of the travelers. For us it was a pleasure to be able to assist you during your stay and we will be happy to do it again in future visits. Big hug and see you soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2019

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of the tour. The location is perfect, you can walk everywhere. Excellent restaurants directly across the street. The hotel bar is nice and the service is excellent, everyone very friendly. We did not care for the dinner and the breakfast was average. Rooms were clean. The gym was tiny and only had one treadmill. Overall a good hotel, We would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
granvia_direccion, Director General at Catalonia Gran Via, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Thank you very much for your excellent comments and valuation of the hotel. We are happy to know that you and the rest of the group had a pleasant stay and that they would stay with us again. We hope so and we can provide the best services. Big hug and see you soon.