We have just spent 3 days in the Catalonia Gran Via Hotel. Before we went to Madrid, I spent many hours reading reviews of all the central hotels there. The reviews on Trip advisor are accurate. We had a room on the second floor with a balcony and view of Gran Via. It was a superior room with a huge bed which was incredibly comfortable. The room was very spacious, big bathroom and 2 big french doors onto the balcony. There is street noise from the traffic but there are 2 sets of glass doors to keep out the noise. As you are in the heart of Madrid then you would expect to hear the noise of a capital city, it won't disturb your sleep though because the bed is so comfortable. Nice touches included a fresh bowl of fruit and bottle of water on arrival, good free wifi and very friendly, smiling staff. The TV in the room is Canal+. There are a couple of movie channels in English which makes a nice change from just having the usual international news channels. The others are Spanish with a couple of French, German and Russian programmes. The location of Catalonia Gran Via is fantastic. Madrid is easy to get around on foot but there are plenty of taxis right on the doorstep as well as the metro and buses. Gran Via is really close to Chueca so you can be in a very fun part of town eating great tapas within 2 minutes of walking out of the door. The Prado is 10 minutes max by foot. The shops of Gran Via again are very close, Zara, El Corte Ingles etc, etc all within 5 minutes. The decor of the hotel is a little dark if I am going to fault anything. When you get to your room the doors look as though they are part of some rather dated panelling which is a little odd and the rooms are in shades of brown with wooden floors. They are as you see them on the photos if a little more worn and the lighting a little darker but that would be my only gripe. In the basement is a steam and sauna with showers - nice to warm up in after a cold walk around Madrid and there is a roof top pool for the summer. We saw many other hotels ( similar standard/price bracket) while walking around the centre but Catalonia has a nice reception area with a cafe overlooking the street which looks a little more welcoming. We would definitely stay here again - you can't beat the location, great staff which does make a huge difference, very comfortable bed and a generous size room - oh yes and Madrid, what a fantastic city. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This emblematic Hotel in the Gran Via of Madrid is strategically located in the heart of the city, a few meters from the Plaza de Cibeles and Puerta del Sol. The hotel is composed by two buildings of great architectural value that are from the early twentieth century and are also very close to the Prado Museum and the Thyssen Gallery, allowing maximum enjoyment of the cultural offer of Madrid. In addition, the hotel offers its guests a fantastic restaurant called "La Pedrera", a gourmet corner-bar and 4 meeting rooms for all kinds of events, and some free services such as free Wi-Fi high speed internet, Business Corner, Spa & Fitness Center and terrace on the sixth floor with a heated water area overlooking Gran Via. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Gran Via reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Gran Via Hotel Madrid
- Catalonia Gaudi Hotel Madrid
- Catalonia Gaudi Madrid
- Hotel Gaudi Madrid