We stayed here for a few days at the end of November. The location was pretty decent for us, and the service was adequate. We found that the hotel room was nice enough for us, nothing fancy (we were only staying in a standard room category). The one problem we had was that (it being quite cold during our stay) we could not control the temperature in our room. The heat would not turn off, so it was boiling each time we came back to the room. We opened the window to cool it off and it was fine, no complaints. Breakfast in the morning was great and the front desk gave us some pretty good tips on places to visit and how to get around. It was very good for the few days we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This emblematic Hotel in the Gran Via of Madrid is strategically located in the heart of the city, a few meters from the Plaza de Cibeles and Puerta del Sol. The hotel is composed by two buildings of great architectural value that are from the early twentieth century and are also very close to the Prado Museum and the Thyssen Gallery, allowing maximum enjoyment of the cultural offer of Madrid. In addition, the hotel offers its guests a fantastic restaurant called "La Pedrera", a gourmet corner-bar and 4 meeting rooms for all kinds of events, and some free services such as free Wi-Fi high speed internet, Business Corner, Spa & Fitness Center and terrace on the sixth floor with a heated water area overlooking Gran Via. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Catalonia Gran Via reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Gran Via Hotel Madrid
- Catalonia Gaudi Hotel Madrid
- Catalonia Gaudi Madrid
- Hotel Gaudi Madrid