“OLE! TORO!”

Plaza de Toros las Ventas
Book In Advance
$15.52*
and up
Las Ventas Bullring Entrance Ticket and Bullfighting Museum of Madrid Audio Tour
$126.29*
Private Guided Half Day City Tour in Madrid with Public Transportation
$150.35*
Private Guided Half Day City Tour in Madrid with Private Vehicle and Chauffeur
Ranked #51 of 798 things to do in Madrid
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Spain's largest bullfighting ring.
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I did the audio guided tour of the Ventas bull ring in February. Though I am not in favor of killing animals for sport, I must say that I was impressed by the ceremony, spectacle and excitement surrounding a bullfight. You get to walk around inside the ring to appreciate the spectacle and the audio guide gives good and interesting details about the building and bullfighting in general. The tour includes a photo (10Euros) of each visitor inserted into various bullfighting backgrounds. Very amusing for your friends back home.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am not a fan of bull fighting but it is nice to hang out a bit on this nice square... the building is very nice...

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I'd never seen a bullfight, but thought I was prepared for the brutality. It was even bloodier than I had anticipated, but still definitely a worthwhile experience. It was fascinating to watch the pageantry and I pretty quickly got into it. I got the scoop from the old guys sitting next to us using my 1st-grade level Spanish skills and they shared some of their wine skin with us.

The building itself is really cool and the pre-fight atmosphere was really exciting.

It started to rain and we were meeting a friend for dinner, so we snuck out about halfway through. I was very glad to have gone, and would like to go again sometime. I'm not sure how sustainable bull-fighting is, though. Many cities have ended it and the crowd was definitely on the older side, so there may not be many young fans replacing them in the years to come.

1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

this is quite possibly madrids most emblemetic building in madrid alongsidw plaza mayor and la cibeles. theres only one thibg wring wuth this place. they still hold barbaric bullfights. hopefully it qill be banned soon. itherwise its the most beautiful bullring in spain. breathtakingly beautiful edifice.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My friends and I enjoyed visiting this bull ring that is truly impressive. I know a lot of people don't like bull fighting but for us it was part of discovering the truth behind the spanish traditions. Toured the bull ring and visited their museum. Loved it.