Book In Advance

from $52.10
from $67.10
from $33.60
More Info
All reviews bull fight spanish culture cultural experience animal cruelty seat cushions ventas metro station bullfighting arena once in a lifetime takes place great building bought tickets audio tour beautiful architecture tapas matadors bulls mirador
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I visited the Plaza de Toros in Madrid and was amazed. Taking the self guided audio tourfor €14.90 and was able to work my way around the complex and receive a very detailed, easy to understand description of everything involving bullfighting and the various ways of that tradition, finishing with a visit to the
museum. The tour took an hour. Just to see the intricate design of the building is worth a visit which I highly recommend.

1  Thank Lizard8
Reviewed 1 week ago

Beautiful place with lots of restaurants and shops. Good for the entire family bring some comfortable shoes lots of walking.

1  Thank melodyvazquez41
Reviewed 1 week ago

I had always wanted to experience a bull fight and had the pleasure in May to be in Spain during the season. A bull fight is certainly not for everybody but it was very interesting for me to experience this event in a historic location. The building was impressive and colorful and packed with locals. Go to experience a slice of Spanish culture!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Amazin place, I love the corridas de Toros, this Plaza is huge, have a magnificent structure besides is beautiful. I spend so much time in there, outside you can take pictures with the monuments.. bulls, and the most famous toreros.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is another must see attraction in this beautiful city.
The architecture is gorgeous and different to anything you would expect in Europe.
Do not miss.
Doesn't get the swarms of tourists like some other famous landmarks in Madrid possibly due to the negativism of bullfighting.
But this building must vie towards being one of the most beautiful in Europe.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This post is for people who would like to experience bullfighting and want to know how to get tickets and the estimated prices.

I attended the last event of the season in Madrid on 14/10/2018. It was a Nouvillada match ie sort of like intern level matadors fighting smaller sized bulls. The fights were of the same structures as other professional bullfightings. Usually Nouvilla tickets are abt 50% cheaper. The ring would not be full house and you can get ticket on the day at the ring for Nouvillada matches. My ticket was 11.2 euro for row 7 at section 6 (sol area). You can see row 7 is still good and close to see everything.

Originally I wanted to attend 12/10/18 in Sevilla or 14/10/2018 in Zaragoza but both were sold out as they had famous matadors on both nights.

?sol (sun) $
? sombra (shade) $$$
? sol y sombra (mix) $$

For summer times, pls get sombra tickets!!! Or you will be sweating like a pig or the glare make you difficult to see. You’d rather sit less close to the ring but still should get seats in shade area!

If you go in late Sept or Oct, you can consider sol y sombra or even sol tickets if budgeting is of concern.

I recommend the web <mundotoro> but its in Spanish. I think the ticketing system there is more reliable than other resellers. It allows you to choose individual seating on the whole ring.

1) taken from my seat row 7 from the ring; very close
2) price of Nouvillada at Las Ventas
3&4) price of tix at Sevilla

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Spoiler Alert: THE BULL DIES!

I was very interested in visiting Las Ventas for a Bullfight in order to have the "true" Madrid experience. For some reason, I just didn't "comprehend" that this was watching the killing of an animal for sport (something which is not really within my personal preference to partake). After the first round started....I was enlightened.

I will say that I was not "entertained" by the Bullfight itself, however, I can appreciate the cultural aspect of the fight and what it means to the larger Spanish cultural heritage overall. I will probably not go back to attend another bullfight, however, I did think that it was quite awesome to visit this historical building and see for myself a very specific, very "Spanish" activity.

I don't think bullfights are for everyone, but I would highly recommend going to Las Ventas just for a tour if you're ever in Madrid.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is an impressive building to see from the outside. When we visited to see the building it was very busy around the area and were surprised to find out that a bull fight was about to take place, and surprised by how busy and popular it seemed. We couldn't believe it and felt quite sadded to see all the crowds rushing in, knowing bulls would be killer. Very much hope bull fighting ends soon. Would be a great building for many other uses with no need for a fight or death, perhaps concerts or a market inside.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

Did not stay long because did not want to see the bull die. Walk around outside and see the vendors. You can buy fans, stuff animals. There is a shop across the street where you can buy a bull fighting poster and they will put your name of it. What a great souvenir for kids. A poster runs about 8 euros. The plaza is a wonderful place to take pictures outside. There is a metro right there in case you are interested if using the Metro.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

You have to recognize that this as an historical event that has been a part of Spanish Culture for hundreds of years! It is not for the faint of heart, millennials, or vegetarians.

This is a pure cultural experience that probably won't be around in 20 years or so. It is an incredible visceral experience that cannot be understood or truly appreciated based on pictures or YouTube videos, or any other source. There is blood and there is excitement! The matadors life is in danger....Never will you experience an event where a man could die. You don't go to see a man die, but why you go to is to see a man participate in an activity where he could........in a sport where the matador is a legend because he does what few would.

The stadium in Madrid holds 24,000 people and when we were there last week nearly all of the seats were filled, mostly by the Spanish of which 18,000 tickets were held by "season ticket holders"! The Bullfight is punctuated by Trumpets for the various stages of the "Bull fight". There is of course the Matador and his "cape" but also the involvement of the Picador and Banderillas. It all ends with the bull being killed and then dragged off by a team of mules (with the bull going to the butcher.) One event is 6 rounds, with each of 3 matadors fighting twice. 6 bulls are killed, FYI.

When we were there one of the younger Matadors we thought was going to be killed. He was gored and overtaken by the bull. But...not only did he survive but he came back and fought another bull!

OLE!

My wife and I are really glad we went! It is a cultural experience like no other!