Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $34.00
from $56.70
from $25.50
11,104 results
All reviews royal palace throne room audio guide open to the public worth a visit beautiful building free entry on display spanish history visiting madrid armoury versailles opulent pharmacy chandeliers porcelain guard
Reviewed yesterday

I've purchased my ticket online as I had already heard about very long queues for those not purchasing the ticket online. I've arrived there early (still later than planned) at 10:00 am, the exact hour of opening and spent 20 minutes in line. Passing the gates, I was asked to leave my backpack (purses are allowed though for some mysterious reasons, although all bagages are scanned at the entrance any way!). I've taken out 1 euro for the locker and felt very uncomfortable leaving my things there, so I took my valuables with me. This made it then difficult to take pics and manage the tablet with the audio-guide. I had prebooked my audio-guide as well for 3 euros, but was then told i had to leave my credit card as a deposit which is a huge no for anyone with a sense of resposibility towards their own finances!!
I then left 50 euros (for an audio guide rented with 3 euros) and was given no receipt whatsoever. They explained me the deposit is associated with the device, which is absolutely irrelevant for someone who would need to prove they actually left a deposit there.
I then started the tour- 29 chambers+ armour room and exposition Letters to the King. Seeing this took me about 3h'20 min. The audioguide had interesting info, but I really wish it would've have also included the names and authors for all paintings. During the tour, I did not see the Chappel - went back several times, but could not find any sign or opened door to find it, although the audio guide included it.
Once the tour directed me outside, I've left my audio guide and proceeded towards the exit and somehow got lost and ran into the armour room. At this point, i wasn't even sure if that's included or not- found out it was, as the exposition!. Nevertheless, I no longer had my audioguide with me since there was no guidance about this.
Also, during the tour, you cannot take any pictures inside- except for the stairs which is a real shame since I'm pretty sure people would come to see the Palace anyway.
All in all, a beautiful palace, but a frustrating experience!

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

An amazing place to visit with some excellent views. There was a carousel outside when we visited and there were many mazes which had seemed to have been cut short (possibly due to the season) but were still great for the kid in our group to frollick in.

If you're a tourist in Madrid you must come although it's a gem of beauty and history but that's it's full bag of tricks.

Reviewed yesterday

After 4 pm it is free for EU citizens to enter the palace, but even if you have to pay the entrance fee of 11€ it is worth going. The interior you see is fantastic. There are signposts in each room in both English and Spanish telling about the room, so you don't have to rent a voice guide. The only thing that is disapointing is that you are not allowed to take photoes, not even without flash. Why?

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Just stunning. Huge palace, full of history. One of the best things to visit at Madrid. Unfortunately you can't picture all rooms inside.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

This is a must when in Madrid. The pslace is huge and there is much to see. Fo not miss the armory it is amazing. Recommanded for sure!!!!

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

The palace was easy to find on foot and when we arrived the queue was so long, there were 2 one for people who had prebooked tickets and people without. We were the latter. We took the plunge and joined the queue and glad we did, it moved pretty quickly and we were paying for out ticket in no time. We bought standard tickets €10 For adult and €5 For child with no audio or tour. Really good value. The palace is beautiful with lots to see and signs to read. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 2 days ago

Meh... I felt complelled to stop by and have a look.. massive .. impressive ..I didn't go inside... Lots of tourists as you might expect.. have a look then head back to the side streets and tavernas...

Reviewed 2 days ago

The Royal Palace of Madrid's beauty is close to that of Versailles but on a smaller scale. The palace offers free tours occasionally - so make sure you check before you go. Don't be scared of the long line in front of it - it usually moves fast, but there is a security check which causes it.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Situated in a well maintained neighborhood. We witnessed a scaled down version of the changing of the guard. Returned later at night to see the palace lights.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Yes you can get in for free at certain times if you are an EU or Latin American citizen (subject to proof of nationality) - check website for details. Word of warning though, you'll have to join a lengthy queue.
Not knowing this at the time we paid 11€ to get in and to be fair it was excellent value. We also paid 3€ for the audio guide and would recommend you do the same.
The rooms are stunning, particularly the Royal Chapel and the Banqueting Room, you'll struggle to find an "ok" room.
Unfortunately photography is banned in most of the rooms but it won't spoil the visit for which you'll probably need 1.5 - 2 hours.