“Simply delicious!”

Restaurante Plaza Peru
Reserve with
Restaurante Plaza Peru is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #824 of 10,916 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Simply delicious!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

After a tour of the Bernabeu I decided to stop by this Peruvian restaurant for lunch. I called ahead to make sure they were open being that it was 4pm and most restaurants in Spain close between lunch and dinner. They were indeed closed but I was told their bar was open and they had small plates and appetizers. Since it was our last day and we really wanted to try this place we figured that's better than nothing!

We arrived and the place was empty and I was expecting to have to sit at the bar however we were able to sit at a table and the server (who was exceptional) brought us a cocktail menu as well a smaller more limited menu however there were so many yummy options we didn't mind that it wasn't the regular lunch one.

Cocktails were out of this world! We ordered a passion fruit pisco sour which was just amazing! The server was so knowledgeable, courteous and was was fluent in English & Spanish he made our whole experience even nicer. We ordered a couple of starters to share and then a sandwich which was probably the best one I've ever had!!

The place was very nicely decorated seems like it had a nice ambience I really loved Tanta and I have to say its just as good as the Tanta I visited in Lima. I cannot wait to come back!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank zeus00

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great food with good service”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Except for the trio de causas that was quite average, the rest of the food was just deicious! The piqueo criollo with several sauces make my day and the tequenos de lomo was excellent. We were 3 people and with 2 starters and 2 main courses we were completely satisfied. The chicha morada was one of the best ive ever tasted in my life and the pisco sour was good as well.
Desserts can be improved, sorbet had regular flavours but it was good anyway. :)
Average spend was 30 eur per person, and definitely worth it!

Visited March 2013
Groningen, The Netherlands
“Great place for a jaded palate”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had never eaten food from Peru before (except for Ceviche) so I very much enjoyed the opportunity to try something different. We had two types of Ceviche, stuffed potatoes and several types of grilled meats. The excellent accompanyments included quinoa and huge corn pieces with an unusual white colour and a very different flavour from conventional corn.

Cost was 140 Euro including drinks, which I thought was very good value considering the quality.

• Visited February 2013
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

if i could review this restaurant with 4.5 i would, the cebiches were the best, rice with duck (arroz con pato) also good but a little dry, the rice with seafood (arroz con mariscos) was deli. drinkwise great!! ill be back for sure

• Visited October 2012
Berlin, Germany
“Semi great food, poor service and overpriced!!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I do love peruvian cuisine and I am a great admirer of Gaston Acurio. I value his effort to bring peruvian culture all over the world, and yes, I always try to visit one of his restaurants when i get the chance. It is just so difficult to satisfy ceviche cravings in Europe. Since the atmosphere in Madrid's Astrid and Gaston is a bit cold and stiff, we opted for Tanta, which has a bit more Bistro atmosphere. Regarding food: the ceviche lived up to the standards, but the portion was microscopely tiny. What a shame that the poor butterfish anticucho was so overcooked that I was tempted to call animal watch. That poor thing has been killed twice...
On top of the rather disappointing food experience, the service was unloving and careless. Very disappoint for a peruvian food addict.
But Gaston, if you read this, I have a big heart and will be forgiving, if you finally open a la mar in Berlin.

• Visited January 2013