“Excellent Stay”

NH Collection Palacio de Tepa
Ranked #29 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at the Palacio de Tepa for three nights on a business trip. The room was one of the internal rooms with the window facing an internal courtyard, so no views. It was extremely comfortable, however, and the cleanliness impeccable. The staff were very friendly and helpful, providing irons and phone chargers. The only criticism I have is that I could not get the wifi to work on my iPhone - something I note other reviewers to have similarly experienced.

The location of the hotel was probably the best plus-point in that it was in the heart of Madrid and we didn't need a taxi to get anywhere. I chose not to breakfast at the hotel and instead went to a cafe across the square.

Room Tip: The internally-facing rooms have no views. It made no difference to me but to those that care, be su...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hepetitis
Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The location of this hotel was perfect. It is steps away from Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, and Mercado de San Miguel among other things. The rooms were very modern and nice. Service was excellent and the staff was very friendly. We arrived early to the hotel and we were able to check in early and they upgraded our room at no extra cost! I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nathan M
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at this modern , very pleasant hotel. Can't beat the excellent location. You can walk everywhere you'd want to see in madrid within 5-10 min, and of course a metro stop is right nearby. My room was large and spacious, and I had booked the cheapest room. Very modern and clean, beautiful bathroom. Concierge was so nice, spoke English very fluently and was always helpful with my many questions. I would stay here again if in Madrid. My room on the 4th floor was quiet. I didn't have breakfast included ..it's expensive and you can grab coffee and a pastry on the street for very little. There is coffee maker and bottled water for you in the room. Bulgari toiletries!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank hongo
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Perfect location, staff, and hotel itself.
We only had one night in Madrid and were very glad we chose this hotel. It was a quick trip from the airport to hotel and a quick walk from hotel to Plaza Santa Ana and Plaza Mayor. Hotel design was beautiful. Front desk staff was nice enough to upgrade us, even tho we had never stayed with them before. Our room was gorgeous. And the desk staff recommended a restaurant that had the best paella. We found the center city to be very beautiful, highly pedestrianized, and very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PacePace
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ideally located within walking distance from the Museums and Plaza Mayor, in the middle of the neighborhood filled with Tapas Bar and restaurants, the NH Palacio de Tepa is worth the stay; although in an historic building, the hotel is actually surprising as it has been renovated in a very contemporary style; rooms are pretty big, beds super comfortable, especially if you book the junior suites, and service is very helpful; one of the best thing of that place, in addition to its location, service and comfort is the breakfast; although I have travelled in very different places and countries, I have rarely seen a breakfast that is not only diverse in its offering, but also so well presented, with a focus on local products, which makes breakfast a “must” to enjoy every day. And then the downside, as mentioned in other reviews: internet is a problem; although free, you have to reconnect with a different user and password each time you connect, and that for all your devices. It is really annoying and could ruin the overall excellent perception that guests could have of that hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AFV66
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you're visiting Madrid for the first time, as I was, this location is great half way between the museums and the Royal Palace and steps from the Plaza Mayor. Nicely remodeled space with attractive rooms and helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Small but real irritation. I was told that Internet is free. Free should not mean worthless. Yet the Internet connection was so slow as to render it worthless for my purposes. Even the upgrade to business level was too slow.

My room faced a very small courtyard. Second night there I had to endure loud music coming from somewhere. Per the staff, it is a shared wall with a club nearby. This I was not warned about.

Staff gracious and location can't be beat, But next time I am going to try somewhere else, in hopes of more atmosphere, real Internet, not false advertising, and hopefully no noise coming thru the walls. When something is rated 5 stars, I expect flawless execution.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple