“Great service and food”
Review of Da Cuchuffo Madrid - CLOSED

Da Cuchuffo Madrid
Cuisines: Argentinean, Italian, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Our first night in Madrid and we came here from reviews saying relaxed atmosphere and not to posh food, we had been travelling all day so didn't want to have to dress up as such! It really is a friendly atmosphere with staff that care and take time to explain the menu and specials. The food was great and even squeezed in dessert, I would say it was fairly priced at €50 for 2 mains, 2 desserts and maybe 4 drinks.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

This place has a really great atmosphere, but the food was just okay. I mean we tried some of everything to give it a fair shot, but it wasn't anything special. I would definitely go back to give it a second try because I want to believe and the people there were so nice.

I'm not sure why it was #1 in October 2011, but hey...I've had waayy worse food from #1 locations listed on TA.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is the second time I eat here. Last year it was really good. A year later (exactly) it was a huge disappointment.

The food was oily, over cooked and not nice overall.

The service was good, but the atmosphere had changed. A bit less cozy.

Too expensive! The price was incredibly high. Very bad quality/price ratio.

Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

I went to this restaurant last year after reading raving reviews and thought it was ok.

Then I went back this year and I can confirm it is not that great.

The good: fun service, ok food

The bad: pizzas are deep dish, not Italian base. Too pricey for Madrid and not amazing quality as some reviews imply.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

The menu is quite extensive, surprising for the size and style of restaurant, and the food is terrific. Also, the service is warm, genuine and very fast - a passionate owner/operator type feel. But............... if you're equating EXCELLENT with "upscale" or "modern" or "posh" -- you will be sorely disappointed. This is a very simple, local and small restaurant -- absolutely nothing fancy. So, if you're looking for good Italian food and some interesting menu items beyond the usual Italian fare, amazing desert, outstanding service and a low-key, relaxed even casual atmosphere in a simple facilty - you'll love Da'Cuchuffo.