Private Madrid Museum Tours
Review Highlights
Wonderful !

We toured the Prado, Thyssen-Bornemisza and Sorolla Museums with Hernan and felt art come alive... read more

Reviewed September 19, 2021
daviddE1558WF
Inspiring guided tours of Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum & Prado

This was my fourth visit to Madrid with my husband and son. We had already visited both... read more

Reviewed August 20, 2021
188GMaria
Athens, Greece

Recommended experiences in and around Madrid
from $172.07
from $547.74
from $77.00
from $56.36
More Info
All reviews hernan satt art history come alive private guide company
Selected filters
Reviewed September 19, 2015 via mobile

Visited the Thyssen Museum and wanted to get an understanding and appreciation of the artworks. Our guide Hernan Satt made the two hour visit an absolute value investment. His knowledge of the art, the times and the artists lives was impressive and it was told in a way as if we were walking through time. Highly recommend this group and would not hesitate to book other tours. 100% Quality.

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank Kathy G
Reviewed September 17, 2015

We reserved the expert services of Hernan Satt of Private Madrid Museum Tours to guide us through the incredible Prado and then drive us south to Toledo for a second amazing tour. We especially appreciated Hernan's knowledge of particular masterpieces in the Prado and his ability to share expert insight with us that greatly enhanced our art appreciation. Our tour of Toledo included a wonderful lunch with friendly and gracious hosts. After lunch Hernan walked us through the fantastic narrow streets of this Spanish treasure to enjoy visits to the Cathedral and yet another opportunity to witness art by the master, El Greco. Our political conversations on our drive back to Madrid were fascinating and were definitely appreciated allowing us to understand more of the political culture of Spain as well as Spanish impressions of the American political scene. The tours offered that day left me yearning for more and created a wonderful memory of a lifetime! Mucho gracias, Hernan!

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed September 8, 2015

Hernan of Madrid Private Museum Tours met us at our hotel. We walked to the Prado, and the magic began. He showed us Spanish master works and told unforgettable stories about these paintings. His commentary was so vivid that I still remember several of the paintings and his comments. If I were to see any of the works again, I know I would remember what he told us about the painting, the artist, or the history..
My husband and I were so pleased with the tour that Hernan designed for us.

Reviewed September 1, 2015

In mid-August 2015 my family (two teens, my husband and I) took the secrets of the Prado tour with Hernan. It was fantastic! He tailored the tour to our interests (it was the history of Spain with a focus on Goya and a few of his absolute favorites at the end) and really held everyone's interest. I loved hearing about the paintings and using them as a lens to learn more about Spanish history. Hernan's choices were diverse and really well-chosen. It wasn't just an obvious set of Goya's or Velasquez's greatest paintings. My 16 year old daughter just this year decided she was interested in art and this really drew her in. My college-age son was skeptical about taking a tour, since he usually insists on seeing museums on his own and hates having someone else "tell him what to think" about the art. This tour was nuanced and in depth, and it won him over. The tour was a combination of historical stories and discussions about the paintings and painter. Definitely recommended and worth it. (Note that students under 25 get in free at the Prado, Thyssen and Reina-Sofia, but they do insist on seeing ID's. I wish they'd told us about that part. Hernan apologized that the person who set up the tour via email didn't tell us.)

2  Thank Suzanne K
Reviewed September 1, 2015

It was the best tour we had ever have. Very pleased with Private Madrid Museum Tours and our guide Irina. Very efficient, very informative and best of all, very interesting presentation.