“Fantastic tapas and wine list! Impeccable, friendly service.”
Review of Casa Lucas

Casa Lucas
Ranked #71 of 11,460 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Latina
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We arrived at 8:30 for dinner...and had the full attention of the friendly and attentive staff. We were offered the opportunity to sample a few wines before ordering a bottle. Additionally, I ordered 4 dishes and the waiter kindly recommended that I had ordered too much food. He made a recommendation on the one dish I should cut. I appreciated his honesty. He was absolutely correct. We couldn't finish the calamari. It was a huge dish. Very good though.
Food was very fresh and reasonably priced. Dinner and a bottle of wine was about 40 euros. It was our last night in town and we are very glad we went to Casa Lucas. Excellent!

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Girlfriend and I had two pincho items - one of each cold and hot, the Rice (risotto with foie and quail egg), the Octopus carpaccio and a bottle of wine. The Jumilla (half spinach and half leek pate with prawns on top) pincho and soy chicken pincho were both fantastic! The Octopus carpaccio was great as well, but the Risotto was only ok as the richness of the risotto, the foie, and the egg created for a boring taste/texture. Would highly recommend and we will return to try other items on their menu!

A bit on the pricey side - ?20 for each of the entrees and ?6 for each of the pinchos (each order came with two slices of amazingly crusty fresh bread with amazing toppings). We waited for about 10 minutes for a table for two when we arrived at 1030pm. Total was ?70 for two people, inclusive of the bottle of wine.

We read that although not on the menu, you can ask for half orders of the entrees and we missed out on their delicious sangria and the calamari entree. Will definitely have to return.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I went here with two friends and had an amazing, casual dinner. On calle de baja where tapas restaurants are a dime a dozen, Casa Lucas was a fabulous experience. We shared a couple tapas and one large plate and had about 4 tintos de veranos each (similar to sangria). Our waiter spoke English fairly well and was very nice. It's a small restaurants with not many seats but if there's a wait, it's worth it. I thought the price was quite reasonable, our total was less than 70 euros for 3 people with cocktails

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food was absolutely tremendous--amazing tapas at affordable prices. Wine was also great. This place gets packed so be prepared to either wait or have to sit at the bar. Both are worth it! It's also in an excellent location to be able to go to some bars afterwards--very happening area.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

One of my local Spanish friend told me it was the place she often hung out with her local friends. This trip was my 5th time in Spain, so I wouldn't expect any surprise for tapas restaurant. But in fact, it was a pure surprise! I was not hungry at all when I got there due to jamon iberico bellota I ate 1 hour before. So I didn't check the menu carefully, I just asked the waiter if he had any recommendation. Out of his 4 suggestions, we took 2 dishes. Braised Oxtail w pumkin sauce(which wouldn't be my normal favorite) and dried cod cake. Both were purely amazing! Even sophisticated! Don't know what else to say. Normally I'm very picky abt food n not very generous for the most of time, but this restaurant is a hidden(there were only full of locals when I went there) gem!
Abt other stuffs, staffs are gentle n well English speaker(and handsome as a plus;-)), we didnt wait to get a table(was there around 3 if I remember correctly), food was served very soon after we ordered, service was good.
I would recommend this restaurant to all of my friends for sure.