“Great Steak!”

Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Reviewed June 30, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in here before a flamenco show. The staff was very friendly and were quick to offer food suggestions. The steak with chimichurri was perfectly cooked and a big portion. The sauce wasn't the typical cilantro/parsley chimichurri that I'm used to in the states, but it was very good! Overall, great value for two meals and sangrias. We would come back to Alhambra.

Reviewed June 29, 2016

I really like this bar and make a point of dropping in every time I'm nearby. It does stonking good Albarino which it trumpets as being "cojanudo" (the dog's b's) and they are not far short!! Tapas is good and free with the booze. More extensive meals are also available in an adjacent dining area, which are reasonable price and quality...but the main reason to come imo is the extensive crack and friendly service. well recommended

Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

We went here for lunch on account of the good reviews. We were not disappointed. The prices were good. We finally got free tapas with a beer. There lobster was excellent. We walked away with a full stomach for a good price. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

My friend and I came here the other night for our first dinner in Madrid... Delicious! There was a little bit of a language barrier between us and the waitstaff but they were so accommodating regardless and tried their best to help us order and pick the right meal! I would definitely dine here again!

Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

On our first night in Madrid, Taberna Alhambra was recommended to us as a quaint restaurant to grab a delicious meal. Upon arrival I was not expecting as large of portions as we ended up with. I ordered a Beef Strip entree for €8.50 and ended up with 5 huge pieces of strip, and a half a plate of French fries, and almost couldn't finish the whole thing. Being one of the cheapest things on the menu, I assumed it would've been much smaller and was not prepared to take on the whole plate. That being said, it was so delicious that I powered through regardless. I'd ask to be sure what the portion size is going to be like before ordering, but my friend and I agreed that we easily could've split one entree and maybe a little tapas, and been just as full upon leaving.