“Nice ambiance and service, big portions”
Review of Taberna Alhambra

Taberna Alhambra
Ranked #257 of 10,780 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Seoul, South Korea
“Nice ambiance and service, big portions”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Ive been here three times, but today it was the first time i went for a real meal and not just a drink and a tapa. And I enjoyed it a lot! We are not very big eaters, so we just wanted to order a paella, a portion of tortilla, and then by suggestion of the waiter, we ate a tapa of pork (I don't remember the name, but it was the first one of the menu section, with apricot jam).

Tortilla was huge for 3€! I could be full just with that. The eggs are not super cooked, but that's just the way I like tortilla, and I guess this is why some people say their tortilla is weird.... Then the pork tapa was super delicious, and much bigger than i expected, as I'm used to smaller tapas. Finally the paella was also good, although probably not the the best I've tasted.

The thing I like about this place, is that they offer you a tapa when you order your drinks, and we had choricitos with patatas fritas. The waiters are also very joyful and funny, and the ambiance is really cool.

Im definitely coming back in the future!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Tourist trap?”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Contrary to many of the other reviews, I thought the food was average at best and not especially cheap - just the going rate. The paella had closed mussels, prawns which hadn't been de-veined and loads of bones in the chicken. I don't mind rustic, but it felt sloppy to me. The tortilla de patatas was weird and gloopy too!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“This is not Taberna Alhambra -”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Note that many of the reviews below are for a different restaurant - the Taberna Alhambra. We went to this address which is a very dour Arab restaurant La Alhambra - clearly the reviews below are for Taberna Alhambra which is in Calle Victoria. La Alhambra does not serve alcohol and the staff we encountered are very reserved. We realised the confusion and did not stay - we found Taberna Alhambra which is about 15 mins walk away.

2 Thank Chris E
Asse, België
“My favourite tapas bar in Madrid”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was on Erasmus for a year in Madrid and this was my favourite bar for tapas. Excellent food and the friendliest waiters in town. Be sure to try the vermouth too!

• Visited September 2012
Bonn, Germany
“Come Here!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I must say, the Calle victoria in Madrid does host good Restaurants. And taberna Alhambra is definetly one of the best! the meals are cheap and delicious! very very original dishes, no tourist trap. Order daily meal! It allows you to choose two dishes (entry and main course) for only 15 Euro and for best quality. Try Rice with lobster!

• Visited July 2013