Hotel Catalonia Plaza Mayor(Madrid)
$93
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

$155
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $195/night.

$163
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

$158
$144
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $173/night.

$92
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

Catalonia Las Cortes(Madrid)
$114
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

$96
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

$255
$234
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $277/night.

$466
  • Pool
Hotel Atlantico(Madrid)
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstrain stationglass showerclear glassmain buildingshower cabinwalking distanceminute walkmodern designhotel is locatedstayed here for one nightreina sofiatapasconvenient locationbusiness tripprado museumbreakfast buffet isplaza mayor
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This hotel was so close to the metro it was easy to get across the city in no time! I in fact found out Madrid were playing at home (using lobby free wi-fi) in less than an hour and still managed to get to the stadium, walk through the crowds, find the ticket office, purchase tickets and get up to my seats all before kickoff!! Retiro Park, Reina Sofia and Prado are no more than a stone throw away and even in January Retiro is delightful! As for the people who paid €50 in a taxi from the airport then more fool you as the airport express bus takes no longer than 35 mins and for €2 each drops you near enough outside! We didn't bother with the gym although if fitness is a must then take yourself to Retiro for a jog instead, much more relaxing and would beat a gym hands down. The rooms were well decorated and everything was in working order. Plenty of storage space (with doors!!) and complete with a free mini bar. Our room also gave us a fantastic view of the sunrise! Admitably the rooms are on the small side but certainly not small enough to notice. I for one was on a city break and so had everything I needed (a large comfy bed, toilet, shower, wardrobes) I definitely didn't need space to do anything else as I wasn't planning on wasting away in any hotel room with such a beautiful city on the other side of the window. In summary if you are in a city break and want to be more outdoor than indoor then this is a perfect hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank IanB1987
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Nice hotel, good deals online often; very very modern, glassy, great shower, we had a good and helpful staff member give us restaurant advice. Quiet, lovely, very good breakfast buffet on Sunday for weary international travelers (15 euros, expensive, but great for a slow day in Madrid--and with yoghurt!). It's very VERY close to the train station-you can walk there, even with luggage from the station. Just get directions from the station. Close to Prado, shopping streets, and botanical gardents (all walking distance). You can also take a train or relatively cheap taxi from Atocha to the other main train station, Chamartin--the hotel staff helped arrange that for us.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

This hotel is perfect for couples or for business travelers. Not ideal for families. The shower is the highlight of the room. The wifi worked great in the lobby, you have to pay for it in your room. The lighting and colors are really cool. We really just loved everything about it, esp the modern look and feel. The location was close to the train station and metro, making all of Madrid easily accessible, including the airport (plan about an hour to get from the hotel to the airport via the metro, but only costs about 2,50 Euros).
Loved this hotel, will definitely stay here next time we are in Madrid.

1  Thank Courtney G
Reviewed January 4, 2012

The best I can say about this hotel is that it was clean & met our needs for an inexpensive, convenient bed for one night… and it had a decent hairdryer.

We stayed here on our last night in Madrid and chose it for 3 reasons. 1. It was near Atocha , as we were coming in on the AVE from Barcelona later in the evening & leaving for the airport in the morning 2. They had a good price 3. I figured with Marriott brand name you can usually be guaranteed a decent bed & shower.
I have to say this is a weird hotel - It is actually in 2 buildings , we had a room in the one furthest from the main desk- You go in to the lobby then have to switch lifts, walk through a conference center, outside then to another set of lifts. It was kind of a hassle with the large luggage we had. It would have been great to have at least an exit to the street from that building.

The décor is very masculine & austere- to say the least. All black /grey, metal…I like modern, but this was cold. The real tipping point for this place with me was the shower. I see others mention it but it really doesn’t do it justice. .. I don’t know what they were thinking . I guess you could call it a "show shower", yes that would be appropriate. It seemed like it was designed for Tokyo Love Motel ( not that I have been in one ) but it just seemed more peep show /hourly hotel than a 4* hotel. The shower is encased in clear glass smack in the middle of the room. – they could at least provide a curtain or something . Also the floor of it was gridded metal , which hurt my feet - after 2+ weeks of walking Madrid. Lisbon & Barcelona my feet were a bit more sensitive than usual and this was not welcome.

This hotel IS close to Atocha Railstation but not that close to the Metro. There was a lot of noise in the hallway, and our window was broken from the outside when we woke up.

The staff was accommodating , not overly friendly but not rude either. I am glad we were there only one night - if this was the accommodation I chose for my entire time in Madrid- I would have been highly disappointed and most likely sought out an alternative.

2  Thank melosh
Reviewed January 3, 2012

The first thing to note is the AC Hotel Atocha by Marriott is in a terrific location if you want to be in a neighborhood and near the Metro and train station. It is simple to get to from the airport (about a 45 minute Metro ride) and has lots of dining around the hotel. It is also close to the Prado and about a 20 minute walk to the Puerta del Sol (although we are fast walkers).
We stayed in the hotel for five nights using my Marriott points. Our room was in the annex building that meant you had to take the elevator down one level, walk outside and then take the elevator in the second building to your room. Although many of the reviews talk about balconies and leather couches we had neither. Our room was small but clean, neat and modern. It was nice having the free mini bar in your room full of refreshments and it was restocked daily. The king bed was comfortable and had nice linens.

The reason I marked this as a three star was this because the second night of our stay the hotel became very noisy at night/early a.m. Running, slamming doors and yelling in the hall at all hours. I did call multiple times to complain but did not get any relief from this early morning noise until our final night when at 3:30 a.m. there was a girl kicking the doors in the hall and screaming for someone to wake up and come out and party some more. This time I when called the desk and they did come up and stop the noise but it was annoying having this issue for days and never have a manager acknowledge that they were sorry we dealt with it night-after-night. Another thing was the front desk was only mildly helpful with directions/suggestions and the hotel did not have a concierge on duty during our stay. We sought other resources to get answers and suggestions to our questions during our time in Madrid.

One last note worth mentioning is the shower. It is clear glass to the room. This would definitely not be suitable if you were staying as a family in the room or with friends who you don’t want to parade around in front of naked. This is the second hotel I’ve stayed at this year with this open bathroom setting – hopefully not a full on trend in the future ;)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple