“Great Visit to Ribero Del Deuro” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vintage Spain

Vintage Spain
Ranked #24 of 100 Food & Drink in Madrid
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are in Spain and you want to have a taste of the Spanish good life style, we recommend to escape to wine country for some days and do a wine and food tour. Vintage Spain are experts in showing you the authentic Spain, to enjoy a different experience with wine, gourmet food, art and history.
Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Visit to Ribero Del Deuro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

We made last minute arrangements to visit three wineries in Rinero Del Deuro, Jaime did a great job of making the arrangements and Carlos did a fantastic job of transporting, translating and keeping us entertained. Overall they went well above what could be expected.

Visited March 2011
1 Thank Tim4travel

Rapid City, South Dakota
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“If you take just one wine tour, make it this one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

I've taken a lot of wine tours. Most are big bus loads of people being herded in and out of commercial tasting rooms. Not this tour. We were delighted with the wineries we visited that were definitely "off the beaten path." Each winery provided a unique opportunity to view the "behind the scenes" activities you usually only see with a private tour. Jamie was a very knowledgable host. It was a fun and educational day!

Visited February 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Priorat Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

My wife had a brief visit in the Priorat with Cristina's help. I cannot say enough about it. We stayed of the top floor of the Hotel Sport, ate a wonderful meal at Irreductibles and toured some of the regions best wineries. Our guide Rachel was extremely helpful, knew the winery owners and provided us with information about the history of the region as well as the wines. It was a great trip. This was our second trip through Vintage Spain, having done the Rioja and Ribera a few years ago. We will certainly use them again whenever we go back to Spain.

Visited December 2010
2 Thank AaronMandel
Morristown, New Jersey, USA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Better than I could've ever expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

I recently used Vintage Spain to set up a one day tour of the Priorat while I was staying in Barcelona. On less than a week's notice they were able to arrange a tour that exceeded our expectations in every way. Sonia was quite helpful and responsive to my emails. Our driver, Adrien, was very nice and knowledgeable. The two wineries were great, and lunch and a trip to the monastery in Scala Dei were nice touches on a very memorable tour. I will absolutely go back to vintage spain the next time I am booking a wine tour in Spain, which may be sooner rather than later given the quality of their service.

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic wine, food and accommodations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

My wife and I just completed an ambitious and fast-paced self-guided driving tour through 10 wine regions in Spain and Portugal that included Alto Douro, Rías Baixas, La Rioja and Priorat. This was our first visit to Spain. Vintage Spain (Rutas de vino) arranged the entire trip with winery tours, elegant meals and luxurious hotels. We stayed in some tiny hotels (Cal Llops in Priorat, Monclao de San Lázaro in Bierzo and Casa das Pipas in Alto Douro), some grand hotels (Maria Christina in San Sebastian and Rey Juan Carlos in Barcelona) and the fastatic Marqués de Riscal in La Rioja. Our favorite dining experiences were Restaurante Foz Velha in Porto, Gandarias in San Sebastian, Ribadomar in Cambados and the hotels Monclao de San Lázaro and Cal Llops. At the 3 smallest hotels we were treated to multi-course gourmet meals with excellent wine pairings prepared just for us. Wherever we went, we were greeted personally and graciously with all the arrangements having been made in advance. There was no miscommunication and no slip-ups. Our winery tours and tastings also went without a hitch with wines that were very good to outstanding. My favorite wine was the Roda Reserva 2006 and my wife’s was the sweet Dolç de l'Obac. We especially enjoyed and appreciated the personal tours (in English for my wife) for just the two of us at Clos de l'Obac, Fefiñanes and Roda. Natalia at Vintage Tours put together a journey that exceeded our fondest expectations. Natalia, Cristina and the others were always available, very friendly and anxious to find ways to accommodate even our most unusual requests.

1 Thank Hutch4kids