“Mucha fiesta”
Review of Way Hostel

Way Hostel
Ranked #10 of 424 Specialty Lodging in Madrid
Reviewed June 2, 2013

There was something about this hostel that made me feel at home. People at the counter were nice and very helpful, even the ladies who serve breakfast in the morning. The location was very good as well and main attractions were walking distance from there. They would announce tours and day trips on their board and I recommend the pub crawl, it was a good way to meet new people and have some fun.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 27, 2013

There are a lot of things to like about this hostel. The location is good (walking distance to most sites), a large and comfortable lounge area and a kitchen that seemed to be the central point of the hostel (the most used hostel kitchen I've ever seen). Way also offer a large number of tours and events. We tried the 'free walking tour' which was pretty good...there is a suggested contribution at the end though (7 or 8 euros per person) and at a guess the guide must make a nice return from this gig. I wouldn't say don't do the walking tour, but it's just a reminder that nothing in this world is ever truly free. The only negative I can really think of was that our room was quite noisy through the night due to the street outside...however it was a Friday night and Athletico had just beaten Real in the Spanish cup final...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Way Hostel is a cool place that costs about 11 euros/night to stay in a 12 person room. They have a free walking tour with other hostels in the area, which was quite educational. The pub crawl was fun, and the hosts really maximize your money to get the most drinking for your euro. The beds themselves were okay, and you have to go to the lobby to use the wi-fi. During my stay, it was mostly girls that were at the hostel, and there weren't any drunken loudmouths keeping the entire room awake at night. My favorite hostel to stay at during my 2 weeks in Spain.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed at WAY for 4 nights while in Madrid. The location is excellent and you can walk to all of the major attractions. Only about a five minute walk to Sol. The Tirso de Molina metro stop is also very close. The staff is very helpful and friendly and the hostel is kept clean. The kitchen has everything you need to prepare and cook meals for yourself and plenty of refrigerator space. There is a supermarket and fruit market less than a minute away. The lounge is large and there are always people to talk to! It is quiet for the most part, my room did not face the street, I could only hear people near the stairs. I took the free walking tour (runs daily) and enjoyed it very much! I would highly recommend WAY.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Steph E
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Without a doubt this hostel is the best I've stayed in !!! We travelled as a group of students for a weekend away !! The lounge area is the main place to meet new people and go out !! I would recommend doing the pub crawl only 12 euro but well worth it , met a lot of cool people on it and its organised by the hostel . Wel also went on the tapas night . That cost ten euro and was defiantly worth it , we were stuffed after it !! The hostel is in an ideal location only 2 minutes from a metro station and around the corner from many of the main tourist areas. The hostel is very relaxed , and they had no problem with us drinking in the common area or our bedrooms which was handy !! Without a doubt I would recommend anyone to stay in this hostel ! We left here with a lot of new friends !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Becca M
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The location is excellent, very close to the center of things in Madrid.

Staff is unbelievably helpful. I had a bus ticket to print out and the printers weren't working, so the young man at the front desk let me log in and print it. Saved the day !

Wifi seems to only work in the living room.

When you check in but your room is not ready, they throw your luggage into a room . Not safe, but just make sure you take all your valuables.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andyrey_2012
Reviewed April 7, 2013

From the first moment I walked in, I knew we'd chosen the right hostel. I was greeted by the greatest staff in the world--Bau, the guy working the front desk, is very engaging, always smiling, super friendly... He took the time to get to know his guests, by name, by interest, by personality, etc. He's wonderful. And in general the hostel was fantastic. Great atmosphere, clean, safe, in a fantastic area....I couldn't have asked for a better hostel. And Bau, if you're reading this, Dana, Emily and Leann say hi :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends