“Amazing!”
Review of Way Hostel

Way Hostel
Ranked #10 of 418 Specialty Lodging in Madrid
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I spent a week at Way Hostel and had an amazing time! It is full of great fellow travellers and friendly staff. The rooms are clean and there is a kitchen and common area with wifi and computers. There are events held every night such as pizza night, paella night, flamenco shows and a bar crawl every night which I went to every night! It was held by Xavi and Antonio who both showed us a great time for only 12 euros :) will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 8, 2012

If I could dislike the MAD Hostel (they were just too unfriendly...), which is around the corner, I would do it! ;)
But since I cant, I can just point out that this is one of the best hostel, I know! And that means something since I have been in pretty many places!
The staff is awesome! The beds great! Breakfast is included! Its right in the center! Wifi working nicely! Computer corner with 4 working (!) computers! Lidl at the corner! Bars at the corner! An awesome arabic restaurant at the corner aswell! Free walking tour! Pub Crawl! 15 minutes walking from the Station! What do you want more?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 397Laura_S
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Unfortunately I spent only one night in this hostel but I can say that as services, cleanliness and atmosphere is certainly the most beautiful I've ever seen in my travels. The common rooms are very livable and breakfast is included. The location is fantastic, just a few steps from the main places of interest and absolutely secure. They organize walking tours, tapas tour, day trips, etc. Last but not least, the staff is extremely friendly, always smiling and willing to help 24 hours on 24. When I return to Madrid I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank laurared_l16
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Some of the friendliest staff I have met, but still knew madrid like the back of their hand. rooms were kept very clean and weren't overcramped. Bathrooms were almost always clean, probably due to the quantity of them. Due to my strict backpackers budget, I absolutely loved their 1 euro paella nights every second night, and that there was a kitchen. Free walking tour everyday and day tours to the surrounding towns (Toledo is definately worthwhile). Breakfast was free but the only downside is that it is limited to cereal and toast, and tea and coffee. But hey, least its free. This is a great place if you are a solo traveler as well as it has such a friendly atmosphere. This will be my first choice when I'm back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

It's perfectly located in the city center, within walking distance to La Latina Sunday market (hope I spelt the name correctly) The staff are very friendly and helpful, always smiling. I stayed at a 5-bed dorm and it's very spacious. There are two small rooms actually, one with two beds (up and down) and the other one which I stayed has three beds, horizontally placed, allowing enough space for everyone. The only shortcoming is, as it's close to street, it can be noisy when cars pass by in the late night. I finally got a box of ear plugs to help me away from it. Besides, there seem to be parties every night and the ambience is cozy. Nice place to stay in city center while having great fun inside! And it's great value for only 20 sth euros!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BeyondRachel
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great hostel! It isn't too big so has a nice atmosphere. The staff were extremely friendly. Free luggage storage and lockers. All bathroom/showers are individual. Clean and cool. Wifi was spotty and breakfast was only bread and cereal but all in all was a very good hostel in a quiet location easy walking distance to everything.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2012

really nice hostel, perfectly located in the city center of Madrid. We had a 10-bed-room and that was OK, nothing special but essential. There is only one big window. Maybe there are few bathrooms for all the people that can contain this hostel, but we didn't find any queue. There's a big kitchen in which you can cook your own food and a big common fridge where you can put anything you want. There's also a nice common room with TV. The guys at the reception are really nice and they organize something every night and also during the day,a free walking tour around the city.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends