All reviews rooftop bar the temperature control marriott platinum amazing rooftop perfect location for visiting glass partition small shower great pool modern amenities nice hotel breakfast spread free breakfast five nights reception area royal palace recommend this hotel would definitely stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2020

It is the second time I choose this hotel in Madrid, apart from its convenient location and the good staff quality all around however, in days when temperatures was minus during night and morning the lobby area in the third floor was like freezing same for the toilets near this area; what is worse even was the reception area on the ground floor that is equipped with a sliding door with glass between the glass and wall allowing the cold air to flow continuously in this area making it impossible for a guest to wait for his taxi in the morning in this area.
Hope you will fix these issues.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank hichamslim
rocisred, Front Office Manager at Aloft Madrid Gran Via, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Hello hichamslim,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience experience during this stay with us. There is a cold wave in Madrid and temperatures dropped drastically. Our maintenance team is working hard to avoid this situation.

I do hope that despite the situation you will choose us for future stays again.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you are planning to come back.

Reviewed January 7, 2020

i'm quite surprised this doesn't rank higher. I have been to Madrid a lot and used to always stay at the Room Mate Oscar or Room Mate Laura (both fantastic) but I chose Aloft this time so i'd get my Marriott points. I loved everything about it. The staff at check in were wonderful. The room is big, new, and very comfortable and the bathroom is all new with a great shower. The rooftop view has the most incredible view of Madrid that you will see. Truly amazing. I was surprised it wasn't packed - I guess people don't know about it.

I have one criticism and I hope the hotel reads this (though I won't let it impact my rating) - My room on the 10th floor was next door to some kind of service room. The cleaners would go in and out of that room and they would yell to each and let the door slam every time. it was extremely annoying. They just need to be told to keep the noise down and gently close the door. Apart from that this hotel was a real gem.

And very good value too!

Lastly, the location is perfect. Steps to Gran Via and all the shopping. And steps to Cheuca with all the great bars (highly recommend this hotel for gay tourists as Chueca is the place to be and you can walk there).

1  Thank shaun_of_oz
josemariarios, Director Comercial at Aloft Madrid Gran Via, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Hola @shaun_of_oz :)

What a great review, Thank you! Most important of all is that you had a great time.
We shall pass you message about the noise to our Refresh team so that they take it well into account moving forward.

Big thanks again for the time taken to share your feedback and hope to see you among us again soon,

Regards!

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

In general we liked the hotel location but there are drawbacks to being in the city center.

Pro’s: The room was nice size and was comfortable. Coffee and tea were available. Large Grocery store and Tim Hortons nearby. Breakfast was included due to status and it was exceptional, eggs, meats, cereal etc. Roof top bar, scenery was nice and the bar tenders did a great job. You are close to most things and if you don’t mind walking you don’t need a metro pass you are half to 3/4 of a mile from about everything. If you get the tourist metro card you can use it to and from the airport and it does save the legs. Shower, to me this is very important as after a long day it’s great to be refreshed, great water pressure from rainfall shower head and the temperature was hot. The shower didn’t leak in the floor which was a nice surprise.

Cons: We were 7 floors up and the noise was pretty constant from police cars. On the weekend one bar played their music until 5am. We wore ear plugs and head phones to sleep this is the reason for a 4 versus a 5 rating. No free water in the room. I expect free water or at least have a room where status hotel members can pick it up.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
josemariarios, Director Comercial at Aloft Madrid Gran Via, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Hola @travel4scuba :)

We appreciate your kind comments and we are glad to hear that you had a good experience - for the most part!

I would like to make a reference to the free water as it is a standard of Aloft Madrid Gran Via to place one bottle daily but it seems like we missed it from our end....apologies for that!

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you amongst us soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2020

Reasonably priced hotel just off the Gran Via - 10 minute walk to Plaza del Sol.

Pros:
- new hotel
- walk-in shower - no tub to step in and out of
- friendly staff
- cool rooftop bar with terrace - overlooks the royal palace
- comfortable bed and linens

Cons:
- small shower with no door so water splashes everywhere
- no light over shower - makes it dark in the bathroom
- carpeted rooms but the halls are a smooth stone - so people talking in the hall are loud (echos) and rolling suitcases make a lot of noise
- SLOW elevator - frequent waiting

Room tip: HIgh room with views of the city
Date of stay: December 2019
rocisred, Front Office Manager at Aloft Madrid Gran Via, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Hello ChicagoFlyer,

It is excellent to read how many positive elements there were to your stay. I am however sorry to learn that there were elements of your visit that let us down.

Please rest assured your comments have been taken very seriously. Our guest feedback is very important to us as this is one of the tools we use to measure ourselves. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss your stay in any further detail.

Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

Having stayed at several Aloft properties, I have come to understand this brand to be dependably affordable, but basic. Through the power of passionate, hospitable staff, and a clear investment in a small food & beverage program, this Aloft has risen above the rest.

We stayed on New Year’s Eve. As Marriott Platinum guests, the gentleman who checked us in upgraded us to a Terrace room from which we would watch the fireworks over Madrid.

In a city that baffled us on New Year’s Eve (not a restaurant or reservation to be found... we tried 13 places!), we were so relieved to find that the rooftop bar of the Aloft (a Madrid hidden gem, btw) would have the nicest party for guests we could imagine. The prices are shockingly affordable (bottle of Cava for 28€) and still they brought out little gifts of grapes for each person, noise-makers, party hats and the works.

The breakfast spread was simple and high quality. Outstanding for an Aloft, and puts fancier hotels to shame as the quality of ingredients was much higher than would be expected at a hotel.

The whole thing made me feel so welcome and taken care of, and the staff were truly wonderful. Every one of them warm, open to giving advice about the city, and attentive to guests’ needs.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello Laura B,

WOW! Thank you for taking the time to share this amazing comment.

We are so pleased to learn that the staff and hotel facilities exceeded your expectations.

We are already looking forward to welcome you back in a near future!