“Best food, couldn't stop eating”
Review of Amayra

Amayra
Ranked #2,618 of 10,780 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Los angeles
“Best food, couldn't stop eating”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

this was part of the hotel regina, loved the food...it was beyond delicious...wow...i had pasta which was amazinf, tapas, and of ourse ...flan for dessert

Visited February 2013
2 Thank susannaa2000

Europe
“good option for central madrid, far from the usual culinary topics for tourists”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

five minutes walking from puerta del sol, it is difficult to find a restaurant with good quality at a reasonable price.here you can get for around 35 euros plus drink a well elaborated cuisine, mostly based on traditional spanish cuisine with strong innovations and modern practices

i strongly recomend this place when at the very city centre if you want to avoid the usual paella for tourists

the house wine, however,was much below the food level

the service was friendly and efficient for most of the time

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank atontao
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely small cafe”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Coffee and toast with tomato for E2.50 during the week. Good beer and pinchos. Really friendly staff. Goes like a fair.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Richard B
San Francisco, California
“A Real Deal”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Upon visiting Amayra twice, I lucked out on free drinks due to the inconsistencies of its young staff.
On my first visit, I had a very nice server who recommended menu items enthusiastically, took the order ( including one glass of wine), then vanished and was replaced by a server with zero personality! I discovered that she'd gone, because I had to get up to find a server to order another glass of wine. Food was served unceremoniously, plates removed without remark. Again, I had to ask for another glass of wine, as it was not offered- I passed on dessert, despite Beatrice's glowing reviews ( she was the first server). I didn't pay attention to the bill when it came to notice I'd only been charged for one glass of wine.
Because after a long day of walking and sightseeing, it was convenient to go to Amayra again. It's accessible, clean and the food is alright. Again, I started out with a server who had been standing outside the restaurant ( there is no outdoor dining), he sat me down, he was very nice, albeit inexperienced: I wanted pizza, which he advised against, he said it is not as good as "Telepizza" (?). I ordered a hamburger with limp fries and a glass of Cava. By now, a young woman had taken over for him, although he was four feet away! She must've been returning from her break. She was a little stern at first, but warmed up. I ordered a glass of wine, no dessert. The wine was not charged for, I said nothing. The Euros coins I left were quickly swooped down on by her as I said goodbye to the Spanish fellow whom I'd started out with.
Mind you, I am not difficult, but I do ask questions, questions which prompted glares from a female bartender because she thought I was grilling the male server, I mean Gad- he couldn't tell me what sort of cheese would be on the burger! Explanation from glaring bartender, " white cow's milk cheese, melted".
All of this low grade drama was played out in the FRONT section of the restaurant, which is more casual. There is another, more glamorous looking restaurant in back that serves the same menu!
If I could change ONE thing about Amayra, it would be the pastel satin bows the female servers wear, they look juvenile and cheap, upgrade to black gros-grain.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Afazad
Sohar, Al Batinah, Oman
“Nice food, friendly staff.”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Good food. Staff were very friendly to make suggestions. Nice ambiance. They serve in large portions too. I especially liked their Sangria!

Visited August 2012