“Roast Suckling Pig!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Reviewed October 22, 2012

When CityBreakBill said 'WE had been looking for suckling pig he really meant ME! I had tested his patience in my determination to find some Roast Suckling Pig. I had him stopping at so many restaurants on the way towards our accommodation, and I had almost given up hope when we landed on Musee del Vino! Wonderful! It was certainly worth waiting for! I would love to go back and try some of the other traditional dishes served here! Certainly worth a visit!

1  Thank BallyJen

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We searched for suckling pig on menus from the Pza. Canovas del Castillo (Museo del Prado) to Sol and finally found this little gem within 100 metres of our hotel. It is a family run restaurant with great atmosphere. The suckling pig was excellent. The wine was a little expensive, but very good - closer to English restaurant prices. (It's surprising how quickly you get used to very reasonable prices for a bottle of wine in Madrid.)

The place was busy on a Saturday night, catering for a large tourist group and then accommodating the locals as soon as the tables cleared. We enjoyed listening to the visiting troupe of musicians, who played traditional Spanish tunes.

The decor is interesting and the service was good, all overseen by the busy mamá owner.

1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The artwork and decor of this restaurant was interesting and enhanced the dining experience. I felt extremely comfortable. The servers were also very efficient. It is worth a visit. I didn't get a chance to try the Vino, I will have to wait until my trip.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Last night in Madrid, we were searching for 'red meat' for dinner. We stumbled across museo del vino and we were not disappointed . Very well cooked suckling lamb and lovely pink entrecôte steak. Good wine, attentive service. An all round pleasant dining experience

Reviewed December 17, 2009

Quite the worst meal I have eaten in a long time. Paella straight from the freezer, salad full of water - a disaster