“Excellent lunch, great value”
Review of Naia

Naia
Reserve with
Naia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #597 of 11,291 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Latina
Description: Naia is located in the famous Plaza de la Paja in the heart of Madrid. It offers a creative and seasonal menu that combines new culinary trends with traditional dishes, providing some enjoyable surprises. In the elegant and welcoming dining room diners can enjoy dishes such as scallops with foie gras, a ruby port reduction and spiced toasts; tartare of prawns with white garlic and avocado ceviche; or Ibérico pork loin roasted with fresh figs and sherry. The restaurant has a chill-out area for drinks after dinner and in summer there is a large outdoor terrace.
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had the fixed menu lunch - Euro11.50 for a first course, bread, second course and desert or coffee. The goat cheese salad was superb and the pork loin and couscous was excellent. My wife had a bean soup and very nicely prepared sea bass. This has been our best meal in Madrid. The waitress was great - efficient, polite and helpful. The dining area was unique - worn, but tastefully so. The tables outside in the plaza were perfect for a coffee. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Here is a tip: 1. small menu means good quality (chef focus on few dishes to achieve consistency and quality)
2. A restaurant with recently over 100 good reviews is always a good sign. Go for it!!!
3. See how many locals are dinning there, too many tourists or located in a very busy tourist area is generally not a good sign.
And that's how we came across this little bistro, with a fantastic outcome. Our best meal in Madrid by far!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The restaurant is very nice, charm and warm. The staff is OK.
The food is very good, at leats what we ordered:
- Burrata salad 11.75 €: the plugiese burrata was really good, very creamy, different to others that you can buy in the supermarket or eat in other restaurants
- Cod confit with fregula 16.50 €: good
- Iberian prey 17.5 €: delicious
- Brownie 5.5 €: good
-Bread+appetizer: 1.5 €/person
For saying something negative: prices slightly high
In general, very recommended

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Ok. Let s be honest; there are way too much superlatives on Tripadvisor. But, what was that. We went two nights in a row to this place. When I put the fork in my mouth with the Prsea Iberico I looked at my girlfriend and told her this was the best thing I had ever eaten!!!!! The place was full so they suggested us the cellar. This was totally not as cosy as the restaurant itself. But we were hungry... I don t regret a second.
The next day we went back and ate the ravioli with butternut and sage. DAAAAAAAAAMNNN!! This time my girlfriend told me this was the best thing she ever ate.

If I m totally honest I would say I would dare to book a flight to Madrid just to go back there.

Ooh yeah, the price: we twice payed more or less 50 euros for a starter, main, desert and wine which we shared. Because the portions are royal! So i would say really cheap for this quality.

There is a god!

1  Thank Taxicaron
Reviewed December 5, 2013

In our two weeks in Spain we did not find a better restaurant -- we returned here for our last night, and the food was even more spectacular than our first visit. A lovely quiet place (at least in winter) on a small square. Service was attentive without being overbearing. The food was really amazing. We even enjoyed the background music. The atmosphere was very romantic too.