“Great for a one night stay if you have a late arrival or early flight from Madrid airport.”
Review of Axor Feria Hotel

Axor Feria Hotel
Ranked #141 of 435 Hotels in Madrid
Lympstone
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Having read the previous reviews we were a little anxious about the shuttle service. We had emailed in advance to let them know we would need collecting. The first bus arrived within ten minutes but it was full. The driver promptly requested two more buses to collect the passengers that had gathered. We again booked our journey back to the airport the following day which was trouble free. The hotel itself is modern, stylish and welcoming. We ate a bar meal at the sister hotel next door. The meal was tasty if a little pricey for a bar meal. We walked our to find breakfast. There aren't many places nearby to eat and ended up at Macdonalds in the nearby indoor shopping centre. Well priced family room, we would definately use again.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
valencia, spain
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I will be stayig agina at this hotel put up there by my compnay. it is VERY reasonably priced, new, clean and fairly efficient at check in.

My only concern for myself on this next trip in a few days and for others counting on the airport shuttle is that their service is obviously inadequate for the number of people needing it every morning at the "rush hour".

Be SURE to pre-order your shuttle for one earlier than you think you need.
Then be SURE to go MORE than 10 minutes early as I have seen some insistent people hold up the whole process as they tried to get on an earlier shuttle than they booked ( because there was, of course, no space on the one they wanted) and this holds up the trip to the airport invariably.

We saw several disappointed clients and others getting nervous as the driver re-checked his name of passengers, etc. instead of going to the airport.

Depending on your terminal, you will be the first or the last in getting to your destination ( T4, for example) which the whole trip to all terminals can take up to 20 minutes or longer.

This reminds me of other busy huge airports.. and their shuttle disputes.. for example, at Denver years ago during ski season.

This would be my only complaint/ concern, but it does have a fairly easy solution.. Just book earlier and go down earlier..

We enjoyed a made-to- order breakfast at the Makro shop a minute walk from the hotel to the right. There is also a larger mall a bit further away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lincasanova
St. Thomas
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We decided to book Axor Feria because it was close to the airport and we needed to catch a flight in the morning. It seems like a new hotel and was clean and well maintained. The free shuttle from the airport was convenient and efficient and the wifi worked perfectly. If you need a convenient, cheap hotel, but not much sleep, then this hotel is for you. However, if sleep is important, then skip this hotel because you won't get any. The bed and pillows were uncomfortable with no cushion, there was no blanket and the air conditioner was too noisy to sleep. You need to ask for amenities at the front desk, which meant that you had to leave your room to go back downstairs. The mall close to the hotel is useless because we could not find anything decent to eat, only fast food like McDonald's. I would have preferred to spend more money at another hotel because I would have gotten some sleep. I spent the entire night listening to the air conditioner and wondering why I chose this hotel because it was so noisy. I did not get a minute of sleep and was relieved when I received a wake up call. If sleep is important to you then do yourself a favor and skip Axor Feria. I wish I had.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kendraf847
bijeljina, bosnia
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I thought that was a great idea to have hotel near the airport at my arrival so I would rush to downtown Madrid next morning and continue the planned trip to Andalucia. However, this turned out as bad choice. Hotel is OK, brand new, clean and up to advertised amenities. Still it is a sterile place inside. You will find nothing around the hotel, but a small bar some 200 meters to the right.
The staff is very helpful and wifi works really fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its price and proximity to the airport-- it was a nice place to stay the night before an early AM international flight. Front desk service was quick and polite, and very helpful when we called down from the room with questions about how to get to/from the city center. There is also a laptop/printer combo right next to the front desk for printing out boarding passes, and the restaurant (which is actually located right next door in the Axor Barajas) was delicious and reasonably priced.

Now on to the not-so-great parts. For one, the view from our window (and apparently one entire side of the hotel) was of a pretty nasty-looking parking lot/storage facility, although there were blackout curtains provided. Also, our bathroom door didn't have any kind of latching mechanism-- again not a huge problem, but kind of odd and weird to get used to.

The real problem I had was with the advertised airport shuttle service. It's a great perk to the property, if you can get it. We waited at the airport bus stop for an hour without seeing a trace of the axor shuttle, despite several calls to the hotel and it being during the hours when the shuttle service supposedly runs every half hour. We eventually gave up and took a cab. For the ride back to the airport, I had spoken with the front desk and let them know what time I would need the shuttle in the morning. When I arrived at the pickup location (10 minutes early, as instructed) there was complete confusion as to which of the two shuttles was going to which terminal. My bags were loaded onto the first shuttle, unloaded and put on the second shuttle, then unloaded again and put back on the first shuttle. After all this, when I boarded the van I discovered all the seats were taken, and I would have to wait for the 7am shuttle despite having made my reservation almost 24hours in advance. I was not the only one in this situation-- at least 8 people were left standing around in the parking lot for half an hour with all of their luggage.

All things considered, I actually did have quite a nice stay at the Axor Feria. It's a nice-looking, well-maintained property in a convenient location, and with the exception the 'provided' airport shuttle I had zero major complaints.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night in Axor Feria following a late night arrival to Barajas airport. As we had picked up our rental car right after the arrival and were heading to Galicia the next morning, we decided to stay for the night near the airport.

The location of Axor Feria is pretty good, five minutes by car from the airport and some 10 minute walk from a big shopping center.

The room was very clean and spacious enough, and the breakfast buffet was great with a good variety of choices.

Basically I have nothing bad to say about this hotel and can highly recommend it to anyone needing to stay overnight near the airport.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were placed at the Axor Feria when bumped from a flight out of Madrid Barajas airport. We were transported by their own shuttle which makes the free trip to Barajas every 30 minutes. The ride itself took about 15 minutes.

We arrived first at another Axor hotel that is literally next door. Why they operate independently is beyond me; apart from the two reception desks, they seem to function as one hotel, sharing their few facilities and the shuttle. The appearance of both properties is very sleek and modern with lots of white and red. Twenty years ago it may have looked futuristic and he place actually reminded me of the film "A Clockwork Orange". Our room was similarly stark, but large, clean and bright. The bed was fine and the entire place was almost eerily quiet for being so close to a major airport.

The airline paid for our meals, so we ate at the hotel. The restaurant was only open for specific, brief windows of time for each meal, so we had to build our day around that schedule. Oddly, lunch and dinner were served next door, but we had to eat breakfast downstairs at the Feria. Although the menu was limited (you may have hamburger or fish), the food was well prepared and the staff attentive. The limited choices may have been the choice of the airline, but I sort of felt like I was at some Spanish stranger's wedding reception.

There is NOTHING to do in this neighborhood. The hotel is set in an industrial park near the airport. There is a mall about three blocks away which we visited for diversion, but it is just like every other suburban mall in the world, complete with a Starbucks. There is no public transportation nearby, but one of our clever "bump mates" took the free shuttle back to the airport where she caught the Metro and spent the day in Madrid for just a few euro. A taxi would have cost 25€-30€ each way.

This place would be fine choice for a restful night before flying, but beyond that, something of a futuristic wasteland.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple