“A very good option if you need to be near the airport”
Review of Axor Feria Hotel

Axor Feria Hotel
Ranked #166 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I found Axor Feria to be a very clean modern hotel. Girls at the front desk were friendly but not overly so, which is why I am not one to stay at large hotels.They continously check people in, so you often feel like just another guest. The service is not personal in any way. I'm usually a bed & breakfast gal because the staff & experience is much more personal & I enjoy having my name & preferences remembered. However, all of the b&b's I was interested in while staying in Madrid were fully booked. Don't get me wrong, the girls at the desk were pleasant. The hotel is very close to the airport, therefore, far from the popular exciting things to do in Madrid. You will have to take a taxi if you wish to go to say Puerto del Sol. The taxi isn't cheap but it'll get you there. A big plus is the free airport transfers. I read reviews from others who had difficulty with this service but my experience was awesome! They emailed me the location of the shuttle depending on which terminal I arrived at. I simply collected my luggage, walked outside & right in front of me was the big Axor shuttle bus. My departure to the airport was just as simple. Make sure you reserve the shuttle anytime you plan to use it! All in all, a nice clean place to stay. Mini bar in the room with water, beer & soda at prices you would expect. Oh, and there is a laptop available for your use if you did not bring your own. I was thankful for that. I cannot fault the hotel for anything at all. Next time I go to Madrid, however, I will stay in a b&b to get a more authentic Spanish experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jamie H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,555)

Reviewed November 30, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

For the proximity to the Madrid airport- this place is nice. I give it a 4.5 stars based on cleanliness and beds. The rooms are small, but if you are out all day, all you need is a clean bed and bathroom.
Tip- when booking room thru Expedia; be sure to add parking for only $5 (4€) more, or else at the hotel it's 15€ ($20).

• Stayed: November 2012
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Madrid
Reviewed November 21, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed November 5, 2012

we stayed here for our last nite in spain bcz we had an early morning flt back. we chose it bcz of trip advisor reviews and it was superb! rooms were gorgeous, v modern, immaculate and super comfortable. all kinds of great amenities- including coffee set up in the room, thick terry robes, all kinds of great toiletries. each room came w its own laptop as well!!! v quiet- could not ask for more. shuttle service picked us up from the airport late at nite and took us back in the morning. price was fabulous. would recommend this hotel to everyone and would most def stay there again!

Room Tip: i think every room must be superb!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked two room here since the price was quite good and the hotel is close to the Plenilunio shopping centre. We arrived at Madrid in the afternoon and could take advantage iof the free shuttle bus service (approx. every half hour). Luckily we got seats while others has to wait (no pre-booking from the airport). Check-in took some time (as usual in Spain) despite rooms booked and pre-paid. The rooms are modern and bright but on the small side. The beds are very hard (even for Spanish standards). The bathroom is spacious, especially the shower, but note the thin glass door (it doesn't give much privacy). Also no amenities, just a soap and a dispenser in the shower, which I find "cheap" for a four star hotel. We went to the shopping centre for dinner, it's a 10 min walk. Plenilunio is big and noisy with a lot of shops and very busy (especially weekends) with many fast food restaurants. Remember to book the shuttler service back to the airport and be on time, to secure a seat, since it runs only twice/hour and often is fully booked. The hotel is fine but I prefer the Axor Barajas, which is located next door.

Room Tip: All rooms are generally quiet but high uo is better. No connecting rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Generally the hotel was OK, although people at the front desk should learn how to behave with travellers... Rude and impolite.
The room was STINKING which is not nice, especially when you want to sleep in it :)
Big PLUS for a complimentary airport transport.
Price/quality ratio: OK.