1,538 results
All reviewsclose to the airportairport hotelruns every half hourfree shuttleshuttle servicenext morningan early flightmodern hotelfamily roombunk bedsshaving kitrental carbetween flightslarge roomstayed here for one nightbus stopwould stay again
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Modern hotel. Definitely good value for money. I paid 60 euro per night and it is far better than what I could get for a similar price in UK. Looks just like website pictures.

Shuttle from hotel expect to waiit about 1 hour - however whilst I waited I noticed that all other hotel shuttles were at similar frequency except Hilton which seems to send 2-3 times more often than other hotels.
Rooms - no kettle or iron. Very nice bathroom big shower but no bath tub.
Reception staff variable - a number of pretty Spanish girls who were not helpful at all for non Spanish speaking customers. Male staff fine although English variable amongst all staff but easily enough to get by.
Restaurant has to be recommended on speed and food is good. I actually preferred food in bar which was very tasty and quick. NB there is no food available between about 3pm and 8pm - so you would need to go to nearby shopping mall. No room service after midnight.
There is a large shopping mall about 10 minutes walk away with everything you could want (pharmacy, supermarket , numerous shops & restaurants - all open late).
Taxis outside hotel all the time.
I booked hotel because attending conference at Ifema and website says that shuttle will take you there. when I got to hotel reception staff told me shulttle would only take me to airport and then I would have to take metro to Ifema - 1-2 stops only and only 1 Euro. I did this every day only to be told on last day that shuttle was actually taking people to Ifema !Ensure you are pushey but to be honest Metro may be faster.
I got sick during my stay and hotel leaflets in room said I could contact reception and they would arrange for me to see a doctor. However when I went to reception they had no idea what to do and eventually sent me to American hospital where no one spoke english but I managed to get by partly because I am doctor and the medical words are the same. They needed 200 euros in cash upfront before they saw me. Ensure you take your passport to hospital because other wise they wont see you -since everyone in Spain has ID card.
Would stay again because so reasonable in price . Only thing missing to make it perfect is a swimming pool. Wifi in room worked very well .
Only English TV channels are news.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank DrNN
Reviewed December 11, 2009

The Axor Barajas was amazing, I absolutely loved this hotel, what a great surprise! It was our last night in Madrid and wanted to stay by the airport and I am so glad we did. The service was amazing, the room incredibly modern, new and clean and very spacious. The free internet and airport shuttle were a nice touch to, would definitely stay again. Highly recommend!

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2009

I have impression they will struggle to sustain value level... Dont get me wrong- so far the hotel is gorgeous but there are some things which are not working as good as they should... I mean mainly the building where the gym, sauna and jacuzzi are for the disposal of guests... it should be closed for reconstruction/renovation due to fungus showing up on the ceiling...what a pity that the architect forgot about proper ventilation in this totally new building... not the fault of management but they should consider closing it because when i saw it, the whole very positive experience about this hotel evolved and i felt quite disturbed that such thing is possible in a 4* hotel - it should be for sure out of visitors sight! Not to mention the fact that when you pay a certain amount of money for the hotel, you expect its services to be available... I want to express though that apart from the unfortunate gym facility I would consider most of other services or facilities to work quite good

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2009

While Spain is not known for its customer service skills, the staff at the Axor set a new bar on how low it can be, getting to the point of being outright rude. More so, none of the staff even processed anything beyond rudimentary English, considering its proximity to a Hub airport like Madrid, this was unexpected.

While the room cost is reasonable, the restaurant is overpriced to the point of absurdity. i.e. 20 Euro for a few pieces of undercooked beef (apparently it a “T-bone”), 10 euro for a few stalks of asparagus.

Even more, they were unable to make any sort of concessions for a vegetarian. The dishes eventually served would embarrass the staff of other restaurants.

The close location to the airport means dining inside is one of the few feasible options, and therefore its poor performance should play a large factor in your decision to come here.

The clichéd expression "beauty is only skin deep" applies well to the Axor. The rooms and hotel are chic and trendy, but anything beyond the surface leaves one disappointed and frustrated. Spending our last night unfortunately has tainted the memory of our whole Spain/Portugal trip.

Please learn from our mistake.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank MikeHutch
DavidGonzalez, Cesar Moreno. Hotel Manager at Axor Barajas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2009

Dear Mr Hutch:
First of all, I would like to apologize for the bad experience that you had during your stay at our Hotel, we opened only two months ago and i have to say that yours is the first really negative comment that we receive.
About our customer service, i am very dissapointed to read that about our staff and the only thing i can say is sorry for that and that i am quite surprised, since most of the guests that i have the chance to chat with leaves the hotel very pleased about the front desk staff and tells me that they are very helpful and well trained. This of course, wont change your impression about our service, so sorry once again, we will work harder to offer the best service posible.
there is one thing i would like to explain about our restaurant prices. We only cook and serve fresh first quality products. it would be easier for us to lower the standars so we can adjust the prices, but this doesnt fit with our culture, This doesnt warranty that everybody is going to enjoy our menu, so we always listen to every costumer comment to improve both our service and menus.For example,as you say, we dont have a vegetarian menu at the moment, but we have realize that it is a growing demand and it is going to be available soon. We have also started a daily lunch menu at 15€, including starter, main dish, dessert and drink, and for dinner, if you are looking for a less formal meal, we offer the lounge menu, with appetizers and snacks and the roomservice, with a wide range of sandwiches and salads.
We try to give our guest as many options as posible and we will keep on working in this direction.
finally i want to thank you for your honest feedback. We have the opinion that there is a lot to learn from comments like yours, showing us the points that need to be improved, and take the necessay actions to achieve it.
with kindest regards:
Cesar Moreno laparra.
Axor Barajas hotel manager.

Reviewed October 25, 2009

Before I launch into my review, I will state that my ratings depend on how a hotel compares to my expectations. A hotel can only achieve a maximum rating from me if it exceeds my expectations. If I stayed in a super posh 6* hotel with price to match, it would be very hard for it to achieve a max rating, because I would surely judge it as stringently as it's room rate suggests it is good.
I obtained a very competitive rate for the Axor Baraxas - comparable to the rate of a low budget, low comfort hotel in the UK. The Axor Hotel actually consists of 2 hotels: the Barajas - a 4* business hotel - and the Feria - a 3* budget hotel. To be clear, this review is about the Axor Barajas. The location is very convenient for the Airport and the Feria de Madrid exhibition centre. There is a complementary shuttle which serves both the airport and the Feria. If you can't wait for the shuttle at the airport, be aware that jumping in a taxi will cause the driver to snort in disgust at the the low far this will attract, even if it is nearly €20. Avoid airport taxis if you can!
As for getting about from the hotel - there are often taxis lurking outside. A cab to the centre of Madrid will cost you about €20. If you jump in a waiting cab, the meter starts when you jump in. If you ask the desk to call a taxi for you, the meter starts when it starts the journey to the hotel. Be aware of this or you may think the taxi is ripping you off - it isn't, that's how it works here.
And so to the hotel. The front office staff are attentive and effective. After a swift check in one of three lifts will whisk you to your floor. The rooms are large and comfortable. I stayed in an executive room which was very well equipped. It had a table with 4 chairs, as well as a desk, so this would be an ideal place to hold a business meeting or to have room to spread out if you have lots of paperwork. The king sized bed was very comfortable, too. The bathroom has a great walk in shower and a soft closing toilet seat - both indicative of the attention to detail in this establishment. Each floor has a feature room - an ad hoc meeting room, a news room (papers and CNN for example), a computer room, a games room...
Internet connectivity is free and is wired or WiFi in the rooms and WiFi in the public areas.
The one negative aspect of my stay here was with the restaurant. The service did not meet the high standard that the rest of the hotel had led me to expect. The breakfast buffet was similarly unappetising. Having said that, for the rate paid, it was a spectacular success. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business