“Luxurious hotel very conveniently located near the airport”
Review of Axor Barajas Hotel

Axor Barajas Hotel
Ranked #111 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Bengaluru, India
“Luxurious hotel very conveniently located near the airport”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

The hotel is very conveniently located near a shopping center and the airport. The shuttle service to the airport starts as early as 5:00 a.m., so its ideal if you have an early flight. There is ample parking available outside the hotel, so its quite cost effective if you are travelling with a car to Madrid. The rooms are very spacious and fully equipped. The internet service is free of charge. Overall very luxurious hotel and great value for money.

It is worth noting though that every time you have to go to Madrid city, you would need to travel to the airport using the shuttle / taxi. There is no public transport in the vicinity of the hotel..

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank sjainuk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I was in Madriid for only 3 nights and had come from the overwhelm of staying inner city in Barcelona, so decided to stay close to the airport for an early flight direct to Costa Rica. The price was even better than the website indicated and so reasonable. The hotel is of a very high standard in a business park. Great restaurant, bar for coffee all foray & evening, wondrful room service, reception very friendly and helpful re going into the city by bus or taxi to nearby Metro, requests, etc. Safety box in the room, plasma tv, luxury bed and linen the biggest and best bathroom I have ever experienced, plus Wifi. Common rooms for Internet use, relaxation, tv, meetings, gym and spa. I was extremely happy with Axor.

Room Tip: Ask for their Best price!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank serendipity780
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Stayed just one night. Liked the free shuttle & wireless internet (why don't ALL hotels offer free WiFi - they have the means) and the breakfast. I was very cozy. View was not very good though...........

Stratford, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Although the hotel was difficult for us to locate driving in from Barcelona, it is very convenient to the airport which was easy to find the next morning. The room was very modern, quite spacious, with a kingsized bed, leather loveseat & armchair, desk, small table, large & well equiped bathroom, and for only 80E. Room service was quick and friendly. Wifi worked. We also liked the fact that it is a pet-friendly hotel. Great value and comfort. Highly recommend.

2 Thank jcgwill
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed May 16, 2011

This hotel is great value for money but the location is a bit of a pain. We knew that before we booked but I think I'd rather be in town next time. In saying that, it's very easy to get to town if you want to use it as your Madrid base. You can catch the 77 bus to Canellajes Metro stop and then catch the number 5 line all the way to town for $2 per person. The only problem is that it takes 1-1.5 hrs. If you do want to do this I recommend you catch a taxi to the metro station ($6-$8) and then catch the train for $1 from there. This will save you a lot of time for only an extra $5.

The hotel is very new and modern. The wifi worked in our room perfectly and was reliable. We had two large single beds though when we were expecting a king/queen so you may want to check that if it's important to you. We thought the breakfast wasn't worth the $30 for the 2 of us, but there's nothing close by either.

The shuttle service to/from the airport worked well for us and the service from reception was average, but they spoke good English.

3 Thank Mrandmsa
Ufa, Russia
Reviewed May 10, 2011

So that is my story: the hotel has a bus to/from airport. When we were going to the airport after our stay in the hotel, the bus driver lost our luggage! The bus has several stops in each terminal of Madrid airport. The driver dragged out our luggage at terminal 1 and left it on the pavement. So when I got off at my stop (terminal 2) - there was no luggage in the bus. Funny thing is that the driver did realise it was my luggage (she gave me instructions where and how to put it in the bus) and she did realise that my stop is terminal 2 (she asked it to organize all luggage in bus in order of stops). When I wondered where is my luggage - she just said, that it was in terminal 1. Funny? I was standing at the airport with my 9 month boy in hands with no luggage. She told me she will drive to the terminal 1 and get it. I waited 10 minutes.. 15... 30... (it was 3 minutes drive).. As you can guess she never returned.. I spent all my money on mobile phone (expensive roaming) to get a message from the hotel that she did returned to terminal 1 but there was no luggage on the pavement. Was it hard to look better? Or just enter terminal 1 and ask "Lost and found" if they have it? Or just use brains and not to leave luggage on the pavement in first place. And the most shocking - was the reaction of the hotel - not a single regret, no "sorry", no willing to help or solve the problem. They just turned off the phone and didnt speak to me. So I was at the beginning of my vacation, without my luggage and late for my flight. Thank you very much Axor Barajas - that was very nice of you!

Room Tip: forget it
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank Vitaly_k4r
Reviewed April 9, 2011

We stayed one night before catching a flight. The hotel is very modern, but very comfortable. Check in was easy and the staff very friendly. The large room had two twin beds pushed together and two bunk twin beds that were folded out of the wall. The bed was very comfortable. Nice bathroom with lots of amenities. It was very quiet and we slept well.

The WiFi worked fine in the room and the if you e-mail your boarding passes to the front desk, the staff will print them for you. The free shuttle to the airport was on time, comfortable and very convenient.

The only complaint was the restaurant, it was pricey and the food was below average. Other than that the room was great and the service excellent and the price very reasonable. I would definately stay there again.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple