“Nothing special”

Ranked #1,142 of 11,439 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Huertas
Description: Pizzeria Cervantes is a small family business but we also feel proud of our history and what we have become: We continue to seek ways to innovate in our offer. We have opened our space for local artists and creators use to publicize their work. We aim at positioning ourselves as a place to find pleasure and inspiration for your senses.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Came here for pasta and pizza during our stay in Madrid. Very close to the Westin Palace. Good value for house wine- 10 euro of a bottle of nice Rioja. But the food is bland though and tasted like it was reheated and not cooked from fresh. We had spag bol, penne ariabatta and veal napoliana. It was handy for a quick bite and some wine but nothing memorable.

PizzaCervantina, Gerente at Restaurante Pizzeria Cervantes, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2016

Dear Customer

Im sorry you did not like our food. I wished I would have been there to advise you about our specialities. If you are ever back in town please contact me personally and Ill be delighted to make out of your time in Cervantes something memorable. I give you my word.

Best

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Pizzeria Cervantes is a quaint corner restaurant decorated in original turn of the century furniture, it specializes in pizzas and Spagetti dishes. They have a a daily menu which is quite good, but the best deal is to get their breakfast that consists of "Pamb´tumaca" ; a rustic bread with a generous amount of crushed tomato and virgin olive oil, you also get a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice and coffee with milk... or made to your choice...I think it does not include "Cappuccino" coffee. You get all this for 3.50€ which I think it is a pretty good deal to start up the morning or late morning since they serve breakfast ´till past 11:00 AM

Thanks thanks thanks...I really loved your review

Best

Reviewed December 31, 2011

This place used to be good, it was my local pizzeria for years, but I guess fame and popularity have changed things. The pizzas are really quite bad, a cantabrica was just a margerita with a tin of tuna dropped on top. The mozzarella was nasty. And as for the wine : a ribera del duero that tasted of supermarket wine. Really not what it was, 2 out of ten.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

We had booked room only for our week long stay in Madrid. The hotel's restaurant failed to attract us and our off-the-street choice was disappointing. As we strolled around later we saw the nearby Pizzeria Cervantes and remembered that we had seen positive reviews for it in a guide book before we left. We decided to give it a try. From the second morning onwards, we breakfasted there every day and thoroughly enjoyed the friendly atmosphere, the 'Cortado' coffee and the breakfast offerings. My partner chose only a croissant but I was tempted by an enormous Tostado overflowing with tomato puree and dripping with olive oil which the lady alongside me was tucking into. When it arrived, I doubted my ability to finish it - but I did. It was soft in all the right places, crispy round the edges and absolutely scrumptious! I had that every morning too and it quite "set me up" for a day of sight-seeing round Madrid - especially as it's a 'late lunch' city. We thought we ought to share the great experience and leave our own positive comments on Trip Advisor.

1  Thank EgyptophileEngland
Reviewed September 1, 2011

During our stay in Madrid we were looking for an informal place near our Hotel which was across from the Prado and found it in the form of Pizzeria Cervantes.

The Pizza's were excellent, the wait staff was polite and friendly and extremely helpful. We went back the next day for breakfast and pretty soon our 8 year old daughter had to ahve atleast one meal a day at Cernavtes.

So if one is craving resonably priced food including Pizza's and tapas in Central Madrid, Pizzeria Cervantes is a good choice