“Best asian food i've eaten in Spain. Very authentic.”
Review of Han Gang

Han Gang
Ranked #2,465 of 11,302 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Lavapies
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is the best Asian restaurant I’ve eaten in Spain. After teaching English for two years in Asia, then making the transition to Europe the food is the main thing I miss. I found considering the Spanish don’t have a particularly spicy palette, authentic Asian food is pretty thin on the ground in this country, and most restaurants have lost some authenticity to cater for local tastes.

I’ve eaten at a couple of Vietnamese restaurants in Barcelona, but they were all disappointing. I was visiting some teaching friends who lived in Madrid (and previously Korea) and the rated the restaurant. I trusted their judgement and I was duly rewarded. We ate a delicious platter with the highlight for me being the pork, with kim-che and tofu. The service was good, and the place was busy and I can see why. I’ll make an effort to return next time I’m in Madrid.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I was craving for korean food after 2wks of spanish food so I took tripadvisor advice and thank goodness I did. First I was so surprised to see so many nonkoreans(in fact no we were the only Koreans) enjoying Korean dish.
Second, the food was great!! My expectations were very low since I have traveled many places in the world and everytime I visited korean restaurants abroad, I realized I had to get along with more variated type of non original Korean dish. But this time I was satisfied. It was almost perfectly original and delicious. I have seen couple of reviews complaining about charging banchan. Ofcourse the spirit of Korean meal is about the abundant dishes to enjoy with the main dish. But I understand the costs it takes for the restaurants to maintain the taste of true korean spices abroad. I enjoyed my dish very much and I hope many spanish people and people traveling Spain would have a chance to experience good Korean dish.

1  Thank Kmk1177
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here several times service is very very low of the phillipino waiters. Food is quite good price is very high no free starters what you normally expect from Koreans. Also no baby chair ! Can you believe that !

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I saw a bus full of Koreans coming to this restaurant, so I thought: It can't be bad. Knowing that Asian food in Spain is nothing exciting, I venture to try it. And it was as great surprise! The taste is similar to these restaurants to Korean Town in NYC and I can say that it is definitely no one of the 'chinese undercovers'. I ate bim bim bam and plan to go back again to try other stuff. I missed the free appetizers that koreans use to. Here they charge for these. But hey, I appreciate the good food.

1  Thank Loladollar
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Han Gangt was located near our apartment, in Atocha street, and so we decided to give it a try, since we've never tried Corean food.
The noodles with spice sauce, and it had actually a lot of litlle pieces of octopuss, and a lot of shrimps, among some vegetabels, laike a soup,very nicely cooked and tasty, was a must!
We also had a rice that comes in a hot pot with an raw egg that the waiter mix in front of you, and as the pot was really hot, the egg cooks instantly, wow, that was god!
The service was excelent too!
We liked it so much that we repeated this restaurant!

2  Thank AdrianaLitvin