“Start to finish, unforgettable Thai experience in Madrid”
Review of Phuket Thai

Phuket Thai
Ranked #1,115 of 11,429 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Huertas
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Let me preface this review with the fact that I had this meal after a month of malnutrition in Spain as a vegetarian. I decided Thai in Madrid would be a good option considering how vegetarian friendly they are. When I came into the restaurant, I was the first there (the restaurant had filled by the time I left) and was seated at a very comfortable table. The restaurant is clean, well decorated, and sets you up for a great meal. Ordered jasmine tea (loose leaf and very delicious), spring rolls (great dipping sauce), and a truly phenomenal vegetarian green curry. The service, attention, and hospitality were unmatched to anything I've had in Spain, especially for the price. An overall great experience. As if it doesn't get any better, they have free and fast wifi!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were staying in the Husa del Arte Hotel and this was one minute's walk from there. As we arrived late from the airport we were quite hungry, Phuket Thai was a good choice. It was a Thursday night, so it lacked atmosphere despite 6 other diners. Staff were very courteous and welcoming. Starters consisted of Thai Spring Rolls washed down by Singha Beer (albeit served in wine glasses) were tasty. My husband had a Thai Green Curry (8/10), which needed more vegetables. I had a Chicken Pad Thai which was bursting with flavour. We thought it was a very good value meal.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My father is from Thailand and I have eaten Thai food all my life. I know good from bad. This restaurant was very surprising in a great way. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and attentive. Everything we ordered was good, but my favorite was the pad thai. In fact, I had some free time the next day and went back for lunch. Unfortunately they weren't open yet...bummer! There is another "Thai" restaurant down the street on Paseo de Prado. My recommendation is to not waste your meal/money there because their version of Thai food is not authentic nor tasty. Go to Phuket Thai!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We arrived just after 8:00 p.m. And they were just opening for the evening. After a few minutes wait we were taken to a table. We were the only ones in the restaurant (there was a Madrid football game on tv keeping people at home) even when we left at 9:30. The food was very good, starting with the chicken coconut soup. My husband had chicken cashew and I had chicken panang curry. Couldn't have been better and a nice change from standard Spanish food which we've had for some 2 weeks. I'd highly recommend them. They are very close to the Prado, too.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We were staying close by and were looking to have some spicy food so waked past this restaurant on our way to the Reina Sofia. With the reviews being as good as they were, we decided to come back for dinner. We were the first ones in at 8pm.
The staff were super friendly. We asked for more spice and they got it just right. I would definitely come again. The chicken coconut soup, broccoli in oyster sauce and minced beef dish was all divine.