“you get what you pay for !!!”

Hotel Tach Madrid Airport
Ranked #144 of 435 Hotels in Madrid
Monaco
“you get what you pay for !!!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We needed a hotel for a over night stay to get a 5am flight from the airport. We booked the shuttle in advance, re confirmed it when we checked in. We went to a tapas bar to eat as the menu in the hotel was poor. When we returned from dinner ay around 8.30pm the bar was very busy as the Spanish were playing football. We had a couple of drinks and went to our room early as the noise was to much for us and we did have an early start. The room was very basic but clean and very very cheap. Normally we would not choose such a budget hotel but we had friends with us who are on a tighter budget than us.
Would I stay here again NO...... but for a cheap basic hotel with friendly staff and local outside bars and café then this is fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank purserMonaco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Convenient to the airport, yes but the phone number we were given to call the free shuttle kept ringing off although we were charged. We used another number by the bus rank but could not get through on this either, perhaps it was a problem with our phone although all ok since.
We waited and waited in the cold but no shuttle bus arrived. So getting very fed up
I asked a Spanish lady (in very limited Spanish) could she ring for us? She seemed more than happy to do so and a bus arrived in about 10 minutes. We waited in total for about an hour
in the cold.
The reception staff couldn't understand the problem. Our room had everything we needed, it was clean and the bed comfortable although the brown bedcover and curtains did not do it any justice.
The breakfast was adequate for what we paid and the shuttle back to the airport to collect our car was prompt and efficient

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ireland
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Arrived to a less than warm welcome and while waiting on my room to be ready sat in reception on one of only 4 soft seats which were shabby especially for a reception area, all the reading material was in Spanish as was most of the signage. I had booked a suite which was clean but very dark and bland . The bed was king size and comfortable but couldn't understand the point of the table and chairs when there is no room service or tea making facilities............the mini bar was simply a very small fridge with two complimentary bottles of water otherwise empty. no soft seating and no mirror over the desk/dressing table which meant you had to bring a dining chair into the bathroom. The bathroom was roomy but the sink and bath were plastic and mine had red paint marks over it. The towels were grey and threadbare literally with long tatted strings hanging off them and for a suspossedly 4 star establishment not what I would have expected.
The bar staff were friendly and the snacks good and reasonably priced but the breakfast was a joke with everything processed, very pink meat of the cheapest type cut in triangles and the cheese the same the hot water was more tepid and the juice was out of a machine and also artificial the croissants were like glazed lumps of raw dough and didn't look as anyone had a different opinion to myself as they were hardly touched and breads were stale, not at all enticing so much so I ate across the road where the croissants etc were freshly made and as light as a cloud and made with butter. The furniture here was more suitable to a college canteen ,with melamine tables and hard plastic chairs definitely not for relaxing and the bar area was the same again with not a settee in sight so no chance of enjoying a drink in comfort.
Two vending machines were labelled as ''Backstage'' filled with chocolate bars and drinks, really classy...........not !!
In my experience I have stayed in better budget hotels at airports with more facilities and more luxuriously furnished than this one claiming to be 4 star.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blacktumtum
CLEMENTB, Manager at Hotel Tach Madrid Airport, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear customer, First of all I feel really sorry we could not succeed your expectations. I apologize for your bad experience. Tach Hotel is not a budget airport hotel, it is a 4 star hotel and our customers usually value our rates from 45€ and free services as minibar or shuttle service included in that rate.
I am sorry I do not agree with some of your comments, we have information both spanish and english, all our staff speak english and some of them speak languages as french or italian.
Bar and Restaurant have a modern design and comfortable area like Games Area with pool and darts and some armchairs...
Rooms are suitable and comfortable. For other customers, I would like you to read any other review for another point of view. Thank you
lincoln
Reviewed November 27, 2013

On this trip I did not have a very good experience as my luggage was lost by the airline and the Taxi driver that took me from the airport to the Hotel ripped me off (I wish that I could have found the free shuttle but I was tired and wanted to go to bed). However once I had arrived at the Hotel I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Hotel reception staff were efficient and that the room was very nice with a comfortable bed a well appointed bathroom and such things as TV and tea making facilities

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank impulsivearies
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

All in all I enjoyed my stay at Tach Madrid. It's a mere 8 mins walk from Barajas metro station, the hotel is modern, the bathroom is spacious, the bed is comfortable and a free shuttle service will take you to your terminal at Barajas Airport. The receptionists were polite and efficient and check in was extremely quick. The only thing that lets this hotel down is the fact that it still charges for Wi-Fi use. And it makes no sense whatsoever.

Room Tip: This hotel charges for Wi-Fi use - keep it mind when booking
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Hotel Tach Madrid Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear customer. We would like to inform you that tach madrid airport hotel does not charge for wifi anymore. Thank you for your comments and recommendations. Hope to welcome you back in the future.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed here on business for two nights and was quite happy.

I did not choose the hotel, it was booked for me locally in Madrid.

Great location and close to the Airport with hourly shuttle transfers in a luxury coach.

The room was good and very acceptable.

The staff were very friendly and the room clean.

Personally I found the beds comfortable and I slept well, howerver I had sampled some local wine which may have helped!

The price of 60 Euro inc breakfast is amazing value.

The only down side for me was the breakfast. I love hotel breakfasts but unfortunately this was the worse that I have ever had. Coffee was bitter, juice too sweet (not pure juice) and the food poor.

I would stay again, however may not have the breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mike-From-Yorkshire
Rabat, Morocco
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed at taCH before a mid-morning flight out of Madrid. We reserved the "executive suite" with separate sitting area - so our children could go to bed before us. Amusingly, the two rooms (bedroom and sitting area) are separated by a glass partition (not the best for putting children to sleep so you can re-pack your suitcase before a flight) - also, our room only had a table and four chairs in the sitting area - no couch, reading chair, etc. I think there are rooms that have couches, we just didn't get one. It worked out okay and the room was clean, the bathroom huge, and the staff friendly, but for our purposes it may have been a tad too hip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family